Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes of description of motion to change when it is in a progress.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes of description of motion to change when it is in a progress.

I have started motion to change process of temporary termination of spousal support payments.

But it seems to me if it would not be possible temporary terminate a spousal support - judge would/could simply discharge my motion.
    So I would like to modify my motion to change request by asking: to decrease or temporary terminate a spousal support

Question: how is it possible to change motion to change's description/request when motion to change is in a progress or will I be necessary to start another motion to change process?

Instead of: temporary termination of spousal support payments.
    I would like to have: to decrease or
    temporary terminate a spousal support payments.

Has something changed from your original agreement? Have you reached a clause like “ss terminates after five years”? If so then the would consider the merits of the motion to change. If you want to stop paying them then you have to have a legit reason for the motion to change otherwise you could run into dismissal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

🤦
      Amending your application is a simple process which you can ask for at your next conference. Dismissal/discharge is usually done at trial; there's no rush.

Comment

Sorry, I didn't tell all the details.
        They are here: https://www.ottawadivorce.com/forum/...ad.php?t=23413

Comment

Thank You for reply.
          Could you please give some more more details about amending application?
          Thank You

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X