No announcement yet.

Travel Consent Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the changes he is requesting out of curiousity?
    Give him the passport copy that is stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      What are the changes he is requesting out of curiousity?
      Give him the passport copy that is stupid.
      I personally believe that he is asking out of curiosity and mistrust. He is, however, not giving me the time to talk to my lawyer (red flag #1), and has indicated that he will not consent unless other conditions are met that have to deal with Minutes of Settlement (red flag #2).

Comment

Travel consent is unrelated to the minutes of settlement and not to be used as leverage, go ahead and provide him with the copy of the passport.

Consider letting him know that you have followed the requirements for the consent letter amd it needs to be signed ASAP, otherwise you will be forced to seek a motion to exclude his consent as he is unreasonably withholding consent and as such you will be seeking costs for the.motion.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
          Travel consent is unrelated to the minutes of settlement and not to be used as leverage, go ahead and provide him with the copy of the passport.

Consider letting him know that you have followed the requirements for the consent letter amd it needs to be signed ASAP, otherwise you will be forced to seek a motion to exclude his consent as he is unreasonably withholding consent and as such you will be seeking costs for the.motion.
          Thank you for all the advise. My lawyer did manage to reach me to advise to advise against providing him a copy. We will be seeking a motion should he not sign ASAP.

Comment

Your lawyer advised against giving him a copy of the passport?

Comment

Yes he did.

Comment

And for what reasons did your lawyer advise that?

Comment

His past behavior of engaging government authorities (Police, CAS etc) to make my travel a hell! Last time he called CAS to allege that I was abusing my son, that he had noted marks on my son's body. CAS was not able to find one mark on him, and shut the investigation down QUICK!

I get that there are many fathers on this board who feel like that they've gotten the short end of the stick. He's being dealt fairly, and I'd like peace and quiet without needless spying and interagation of every parenting decision I make. But this father is not interested in that, neither is he interested in putting his child first!

I have no doubt he wanted a copy to advise authorities to either flag my son's passport or to allege I've kidnapped him.

Comment

Originally posted by WorkingMom2007 View Post
                    Yes he did.
                    I am sorry to burst your bubble but if your lawyer did in fact advise you not to give the father ALL the copies of HIS child's documents, then your lawyer is an idiot. The father of your child had every right to have ALL the copies of ALL the documents on his files, including child's passport and especially child's health card. C'mon, he is your child's daddy!

Comment

I don't see any judge backing up your reasons for not sharing information on your child. My ex has called CAS more times then I can count, has called police, ect and she is still entitled to information.

Its not a matter if he has been dealt with fairly or not. He might be acting unreasonable in many ways, but this is something he is entitled to so I wouldn't make it a big fight it could work against you down the road if this becomes a court battle.

Comment

I can flag you at the border i dont need a copy of your passporty

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X