Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stalling a divorce?

I am divorcing my ex.
    I have filed my documents with the courthouse and now need to serve my ex. She had initially told me to text or email and give her a heads up when she would be served and to only serve her at her house. Or to mail the documenrs to her.
    I emailed her tonight asking if 2pm would be OK to have someone come and serve her. She wrote back and now says it would be inappropriate to have her served at home while the children are in her care to for me to just mail them to her.
    I don't trust her. I feel she is stalling to only drag this out and to continue to have control.

Hire a process server and stop worrying!

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
      Hire a process server and stop worrying!
      I was going to. Process server was going to drop them off. But now my ex wants it mailed.

Comment

I had a friend who served my ex. Later on, I took him to my lawyer and had him swear an affidavit of service

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HardWorkingDad View Post
          I was going to. Process server was going to drop them off. But now my ex wants it mailed.

Fuck her. Serve her. Stop letting her dictate to you.

Comment

Originally posted by rockscan View Post
            Fuck her. Serve her. Stop letting her dictate to you.
            Sure but if she refuses to answer the door because its not how she wants?

Comment

I am sending registered mail along with Form 6. It states that if I have to have her served afterwards then I can charge back the costs. So its really upto her how she wants to play this out.

Comment

She is playing games and that's why she asked for heads up because she knows when to expect it and avoid being served. She doesn't want to be served at the house because of the kids is a fake excuse. An envelope is delivered to her and she can choose to be discreet about it. She doesn't have to open it up and in front of kids play show and tell. My kids are oblivious of what comes in the mail especially an uninteresting looking envelope. I have managed to keep all legal matters away from my kids for the last 7 years. As a mother it can be done. She is making excuses and now that she got news it is coming she is preparing to avoid being served. If registered mail she will get a delivery notice which she will ignore and not go accept it at the post office. After 14 days it goes back to sender. I would have sent a process server and not given heads up. She would have unexpectedly answered the door and bingo, she has been served.

Comment

Originally posted by Helpmyspouse View Post
                  She is playing games and that's why she asked for heads up because she knows when to expect it and avoid being served. She doesn't want to be served at the house because of the kids is a fake excuse. An envelope is delivered to her and she can choose to be discreet about it. She doesn't have to open it up and in front of kids play show and tell. My kids are oblivious of what comes in the mail especially an uninteresting looking envelope. I have managed to keep all legal matters away from my kids for the last 7 years. As a mother it can be done. She is making excuses and now that she got news it is coming she is preparing to avoid being served. If registered mail she will get a delivery notice which she will ignore and not go accept it at the post office. After 14 days it goes back to sender. I would have sent a process server and not given heads up. She would have unexpectedly answered the door and bingo, she has been served.

There's no benefit to stalling. All matters have been settled between us. I have her in writing saying to send tyem and she will sign them. I think its a control thing. She signs them on her terms.

Sent registered mail today. Next I can send a process server if I don't get anything back by end of week and ask the court to recoup the costs as I have proof of trying to serve.

Comment

Send the papers with a florist, lol. She’ll be so curious who is sending her a huge arrangement she will open the door. The papers can be discreetly placed in the arrangement.

Comment

tilt, that is an excellent idea!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X