Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Contempt motion have to be filed in the same city as the Order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Contempt motion have to be filed in the same city as the Order?

I have a Final Order for Custody, Access and Support dating back to 2006. It required the father to provide financial disclosure yearly to me. He never has(and probably has never filed for taxes since then anyway). FRO has an order with Rev Canada but there is nothing to garnish.

His support is quite far behind and I'm sure he's working... probably under the table. I feel like my only option is to first file a Contempt Motion for the lack of financial disclosure.

Question:
    My daughter and I have since moved 1.5 hrs away from the city where the Final Order was first made. Do I have to file the contempt order back in that jurisdication? Or can I file it in my own city?

I'm asking again... does anyone know if a Contempt order can be filed in the city the child lives in now? Or do you have to go back to the original city in which the order was completed?
    Thanks

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
    Working...
    X