Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 10:50 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdreamy View Post
Actually, I think the point is morals differ. Our current ethical system governs payment of ss.

By the way, the answer is: wet.
YES!!! you win - smartest one of the lot lol!
Old 05-18-2014, 01:40 PM

FaithandMorals is an unknown quantity at this point

Regardless of whether one thinks SS is appropriate or not, I think most (if not all) Canadians would view the recipient poorly if they knew the recipient was gloating about receiving SS.

I shudder when I read of people that boast about how they screwed it to their ex.

If someone you knew boasted about screwing over their sibling for money after their parents death how would you view that person?

Nobody likes a braggart.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:56 PM

standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithandMorals View Post
Regardless of whether one thinks SS is appropriate or not, I think most (if not all) Canadians would view the recipient poorly if they knew the recipient was gloating about receiving SS.

I shudder when I read of people that boast about how they screwed it to their ex.

If someone you knew boasted about screwing over their sibling for money after their parents death how would you view that person?

Nobody likes a braggart.
I don't always agree with you but this post is bang on.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:42 PM

momforever1956 is on a distinguished road

I think you have missed the point,. No one braggs about screwin a x. If you read any cases, there is a party who is successful and one who isn';t. It isnt always about money and SS.
The fact that you have battled 3 long years, lost sleepless nights and put you out of pocket 250k to fight lies and deceit, and then you finally prove your case, (sucks to divorce an accountant, I am one) does give you satisfaction. If the respondant had been up front and was fair I wouldnt have had to be successful. It would have been a done deal. It was HIM who lied and his cheating during the marriage was nothing compared to his lies and cheating after.
There is nothing to brag about, divorce is an ugly horrible experience, I am just relieved that I proved my case. This wasnt lying about 3 thousand dollars nor 100 thousand this was lying about over 300k. So yes if you view it I screwed him so be it, I view it as I proved the truth and am proud of it.
Old 05-18-2014, 05:11 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

No one referred to you or your situation. Therefore it may or may not be relevant. The statements were generic and would apply to those who fit the description. It boggles my mind when someone takes a generic statement and personalizes it. I also view this as antagonistic.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:18 PM

momforever1956 is on a distinguished road

I cannot speak of anyone but my situation, and it was meant to give a perspective. I am not paronoid nor do I wish to speak on behalf of anyone else. I happen to have been successful on fighting for SS and won. It wasnt about nailing anyone it was about the truth.
If it is perceived in anyway that I was out to screw my x or pin him, the point was missed. It is about fair, and protecting myself. I am sorry you found it antagonistic, but there are few on here who fought or are fighting for SS and it was meant to give meaning to what someone who has been through the system endured.
It boggles my mind how offensive some can be.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:04 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

momforever1956 - You and I are SS recipients from long-term marriages. Most people in higher income earning brackets settle out of court. I suspect people on here don't have much experience/knowledge about as they are simply too young. It's kind of like me trying to grasp the concept of this parallell/dual/shared child custody thing. I have no personal experience with it. From an inexperienced viewpoint (thank goodness), such as my own, CS looks like a legalized grab for the family coffers - difference being children are pawns.

We often form our opinions based on our personal experiences. Very easy to be on the outside looking in isn't it?
Old 05-18-2014, 10:22 PM
Banned

Once.is.enough is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
momforever1956 - You and I are SS recipients from long-term marriages. Most people in higher income earning brackets settle out of court. I suspect people on here don't have much experience/knowledge about as they are simply too young. It's kind of like me trying to grasp the concept of this parallell/dual/shared child custody thing. I have no personal experience with it. From an inexperienced viewpoint (thank goodness), such as my own, CS looks like a legalized grab for the family coffers - difference being children are pawns.

We often form our opinions based on our personal experiences. Very easy to be on the outside looking in isn't it?
Hmmm so old people can't support themselves?
Old 05-18-2014, 10:29 PM

Serene is on a distinguished road

Actually I'm more perplexed at why CS is a legalized grab and kids aren't deserving of support....jeesh this doesn't make sense.

All in all, I'm not a SS recipient. And I don't have to be to have an opinion on it.

Age has little to do with comprehending a situation....
Old 05-18-2014, 10:30 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Some people are just too fucking stupid to read the previous posts.
Closed Thread