X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A "Senior" Moment...

... no, not that kind... I'm not that old yet

I just wanted to mark my transition to the next level in this forum.

It's been a nasty journey... but there is a light at the end of the tunnel... We came to an "agreement" at Mediation with 5 weeks to go to trial. I'm currently waiting for the final orders to crank their way through the system.

At least I'm now able to compartmentalize my anger and frustration at everything. I took an enormous financial bath (textbook case of only the lawyers won)... and am incredibly pi**ed at the way the law allows her to be free and clear and watch the cheques roll in... while I'm now hog-tied for life on the "indefinite support" bandwagon.

Most important though, is that my relationship with my teenage boys... which was always very good... continues to evolve into very great.

There has to be a better way.

As I've said in a previous post... the misery I'm currently facing is infinitely better than the misery I would be facing if things never changed

Thanks again folks for your help, support (and contrarian opinions) through this crap.

Cheers

Congrats on avoiding trial. I have 6 weeks til mine. It must be a bit of a relief.

Comment

Congrats (I think) ... I know financially it may suck but I swear to you, THAT can change going forward. The most important thing is that you have a great relationship with your teen children ...

The laws suck in so many respects (IMO .. Except in VERY rare circumstances SS should be a thing of the past) ..

And despite what this forum's main contributors think, divorce sucks for BOTH genders ... For every male that's been screwed over, there's a woman who's been too .... Until we stop with the generalized gender bashing it's not going to get better.

I'm glad you finally see a light at the end of the tunnel ... Again, the monetary hit for the next ___ yrs might suck but the fact that your teenage kids still are a integral part of your life is what matters most

Best of luck to you and I wish you all the best

Comment

Congratulations SomeGuy.

I'm got just got through writing hopefully one of the last checks to my lawyer. I could have put one of my kids through university twice on what I've spent on my lawyer...meh...

I wish you and your sons all the best.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X