Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I like to put it...my ex may want to ride the Crazy Train to Batshit Insanity, but the only one that can force me to buy a ticket is me. Since I adamantly refuse to do so, she gets to take that trip alone.

Drives her beyond nuts that I don't engage her, and the few times I do feel the need to respond (usually because of some off the wall accusation) I usually have more than enough evidence of crazy to make her back off.

Comment

Whenever I hear more of the insanity, this pic always reminds me of my stbx
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by NBDad View Post
        As I like to put it...my ex may want to ride the Crazy Train to Batshit Insanity, but the only one that can force me to buy a ticket is me. Since I adamantly refuse to do so, she gets to take that trip alone.

Drives her beyond nuts that I don't engage her, and the few times I do feel the need to respond (usually because of some off the wall accusation) I usually have more than enough evidence of crazy to make her back off.
        Eloquently said. We all have a choice...and you have made yours.

Necessary negative energy and legal expense: my HCP served me with several motions (including divorce, physical custody of our kids, restraining order (as I am abusive???) and others: which included an emotionally charged (unsubstantiated/not factual) 2 pages of Sworn Avidavit.

I hired a lawyer to assist me in preparing a response and to systematically refute each point made on the affidavit. Negative energy and expense? Yes. Necessary to defend oneself: Yes. Responding to craziness and emotion: Yes.

After having dealt with several off the wall actions of a HCP in the past 2 months, I fully realize that it is I who must stay the course, not be distracted by craziness. The court and my children will pass judgment on the respective parents' actions and decisions. Credibility of parents' actions/behaviour will be assessed upon reviewing each incident.

Maturity and "responsible parent" are proven through actions, or not..in the case of HCP.

Comment

Originally posted by MiViLaLoco View Post
          Unevenplayinggroung...I think you are on the right track when you say you need to find the right "key" that works for your HCP.

In my case we have 50/50 so neither of us is a "gatekeeper". I also work hard to let everyone know (from school to extra cirricular) that they need to give information to both of us. I continually follow-up on this...especially with the school. There is nothing that will send my ex HCP over the edge faster than me asking him for information I can get on my own. I don't know why...but it is definitely one of his "buttons"...so I don't push it.

I quickly learned that logic and expecting to be treated like we treat them rarely applies when dealing with someone who is HCP. What works today may not work tomorrow and what is fine today may not be fine tomorrow...hence the constant dance.
          So true, thanks for your advice btw!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X