Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OCL taking really, really long to decide to get involved.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL taking really, really long to decide to get involved.

Hi all,

A consentual order for the involvement of the OCL was produced from my Sept 36 case conference.

OCL Intake forms filled and submitted shortly thereafter. Still no decision as to them getting involved.

Does this usually take that long ?

Originally posted by plainNamedDad44 View Post
    Hi all,

A consentual order for the involvement of the OCL was produced from my Sept 36 case conference.

OCL Intake forms filled and submitted shortly thereafter. Still no decision as to them getting involved.

Does this usually take that long ?
    1. OCL is not required to get involved.
    2. OCL usually doesn't get involved when the parties consent.
    3. The parties may not financially qualify for OCL.
    4. OCL over loaded because people use them for nonsense matters all the time.

Because you and the other parent are so conflicted that you have to ask for help doesn't automatically mean they have to help. The other mechanism you should be using if you consented to a clinical evaluation is Section 30 assessments.

A Section 30 runs about 7,500 - 55,000 depending on the complexity of the matter.

The vast majority of OCL reports I have read (which now over 200) are all useless for the most part and most of the "evidence" can be demonstrated in the affidavits and nonsense already in the continuing record. Only about 1% of them actually have a properly written clinical component.

Good Luck!
    Tayken

Comment

Did the Judge recommend OCL involvement? Usually if the Judge recommends it, they take up the case right away.

Once they get involved: On a personal note and talking from experience. I wish I had done this. Record everything, every meeting. Record the kids meetings with them, give the kids a recorder. Insist on recording every meeting, it will be valuable at time of trial. IMO OCL takes sides, and give the court half truths and even even fabricates stuff up. Im not saying all are biased, but to be on the safe side, record and store it for later. Just my two cents

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X