This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by representingself View Post
    I have been guilty of being unnecessarily harsh on this forum, and I have read many posts from others that may be construed as being rash and judgemental.

That being said... if you are here... then you are either considering or currently going through a marital separation, or you have already been divorced.... and you are seeking or providing assistance.

The entire process from the decision to separate to the confusion of entitlement, the blood sucking Lawyers and the endless court battles is extremely stressful.

Divorce is a personal crisis where emotions run high and tempers boil over.

This is a public forum.... where people from all ages, backgrounds and religious beliefs, etc. can contribute. We are all here with personal experiences to share, and nothing more... So it stands to reason that when anyone posts a controversial question, coupled with vague details.... that misconceptions can occur and people can jump to conclusions....

We shouldn't condemn each other and lash out with anger.... nor should we claim to have higher moral standards than those who do... But we are only regular people, dealing with tragic circumstances... No one here is perfect.

When you ask delicate questions on a public forum....you may not get a warm response or the answers that you were looking for....
    You need to remember that the responses aren't personal.....and no one knows your situation better than you....

We are all suffering together..... and I believe that no one here is deliberately trying hurt another poster.

Just my two cents.....
    Well said Rep..

Jeanie, welcome to the forum.

If you provide more details perhaps someone can share an experience or two. By the way - no matter who the bio dad is - your the bio mom.

As you mentioned, the bio dad bailed - thats his loss. It's a fragile topic, but your husband should know - but the decision is "yours alone" to make to the benefit of your child.

Comment

Originally posted by representingself View Post
      We shouldn't condemn each other and lash out with anger.... nor should we claim to have higher moral standards than those who do... But we are only regular people, dealing with tragic circumstances... No one here is perfect.
      Agreed, but with advice comes judgement.

Comment

If you do decide to tell him, please don't do that in the court papers.

Regardless of whether or not he is the bio dad, he has all the rights to seek full/partial custody of the child involved. I think you should make a formal offer of joint/shared custody and be reasonable in your other demands as well.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X