Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case conference what to expect

Finally going into this...

Just a general question before my brief is finalized.

Has anyone ever seen imputted income to recipient at the cc. Basically is not employed right now and has made 0 effort to become employed in any way for 8 months (just assume this is fact...I'm not looking to argue this on the forum..just if imputting income happens at a cc)
    We don't have a formal separation agreement in place bc my file is so ass backwards

I doubt that would happen. CC are for procedural issues. Like disclosure and such... perhaps your ex could be asked to provide why he is unemployed and what he is doing to become employed again. I think a judge can order things any time they want but it’s unlikely a CC is the correct time to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I should say marriage was under 5 years and she has an active nursing liscence and really has not worked in 18 months..she's 35

Comment

Originally posted by Kkc View Post
        I should say marriage was under 5 years and she has an active nursing liscence and really has not worked in 18 months..she's 35

Was she working at time of separation or marriage? ?

Comment

Kind of...for my medical practice and was starting a business..the year prior was an exec assistant at her dad's factory

Comment

Case conference what to expect

Anything is possible, but from what I have learned/researched, I doubt Income would be imputed at CC.

I assume your paying CS and SS?? I would think the judge will want to know what is happening any why there is no employment. And maybe will give a time frame to get reasonable employment.

Hopefully some more experienced members will chime in. But imo.. it’s doubtful at this stage in the game.

Maybe just outline in your brief what she has previously made in the past and ask for proof/reason of why she is not employed.

Comment

She accidentally sent us a very bogus reply to an emergency motion claiming she desperately needed money for a down payment for a house I told her to buy....the truth I never told her to do anything but that whole s14 will come up bc somehow she ended up getting her house without a down payment...more on that later

But her affadavit she wrote there r no nursing jobs in our city...I googled it the same day and there were 100 postings...so really proof of not even looking and lying about looking

Comment

I’m pretty sure inputted income doesn’t happen outside of trial (and I know I recently saw a case on Canlii where the husband was employed by the wife and obviously lost his job and was given a longer than usual grace period of unemployment). This sounds like it is going to take years, so either get comfortable with the that (it is a marathon, not a sprint) or start thinking about what is a reasonable minimum you can live with and start drafting your offers to settle.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X