This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand this.
    FRO will accept any amount of money and hold it in the account.

My ex was paying $137 a month as per court order. Circumstances changed and he agreed to pay $278 a month but then dragged his feet about other changes in our agreement. He paid FRO $278 for 14 months and FRO just paid ME the $137 because that's what the last order said.

I was told by someone at FRO that they only pay the last thing they were told to by court. If we agreed on something but didn't get a new court order too bad. In fact the FRO chick actually said to me that my ex could come in and drop 1.3 million dollars on the desk and tell them it was for me and all they would give me is the $137...until a new order was given to them.

If youhaven't been paying the $1200 and you should have been I can see them asking for arrears.

Comment

BookGirl1209:

I am sure the FRO will accept money from anyone. In my case, the FRO simply read the order wrong and set up the original account incorrectly. A new order did not need to be issues; just the original one enforced properly.

PS. It is confirmed that the FRO did in fact cease the pay garnishment.

Comment

BookGirl,

Have you been able to reach someone higher up... other than the useless phone reps? You have an individual case worker assigned to your file. I suggest trying repeatedly call in to get through to them. In light of all the mistakes that are imerging they are getting even more ....retentive. maybe as it should be but in the mean time it makes things difficult for everyone. It may be helpful if you and your EX submit again repeatedly the agreement where that changed occured as well as some letters reinforcing this new agreement. But they maintain too tightly most days about doing anything with out that allmighty order. good luck with that course though.

Another scenario is to withdraw from FRO altogether. Could you and you spouse accept that the children are entitled to the support and just work together on that. You both need to submit a letter to them stating that you both agree to the withdrawal. In the meantime I would have your ex pay the difference to you directly. Give him receipts and he keeps them in case they are needed in the future. Either of you do have the option if things go wrong to get them involved in the future.

By my next statements I am not judgeing anyone but just trying to put this into perspective generally for everyone.
        I hear from a great many across the country complaining about support that they have to pay and how the tables are not fair. I know I am going to get slack on this but generally I think they are in that they are indexed to your income levels and the premise that the expenses are to be calulated to be shared by both parents. BUT where I see things have gone so terribly wrong is somewhere between the lawyers and the judges. One case that is close to home for me is my cousin. His CS only order was set at 2000 a month. They arse of a Judge thought that acceptable inlight of his monthly income of only 2800. now he was left to pay taxes and all that we have so what was left for him... nada, and you can sumise where he is today.

This is where things so often go wrong the tables certainly didnt make the mistake because if they had been consulted and used it would not have come to that.

Since it is obvious that FRO & the courts are messing up big time I think it time that for the sake of our children and eventually all of us that we take this on and act the adults think of the kids involved and do our darndess to work this out civily because really who gains from the constant combativeness and the meddeling into our lives by the likes of FRO. I think that we are generally reasonable people and that we can handle our lives with compassion and fairness. The system sure doesnt.

Comment

Sorry to break it all to you, but I don't know how it can be "gender related"?
          Kenny: Contact the Ombudsman to obtain results.

Situation: what are the chances of two woman in Ontario having the same first and last name with one receiving a letter from FRO telling her she own $47,000 in C/S and arrears.
          The enforcing officer did not look at the social insurance number before issuing the letter. Guess who was the enforcing officer? a "man".

LostFather: How can you say "gender related" ???????????
          Do you know how many "men" work as enforcing officers, call center, and in the Financial Dept. at FRO?

Comment

Originally posted by TLCRN View Post
            Sorry to break it all to you, but I don't know how it can be "gender related"?
            Kenny: Contact the Ombudsman to obtain results.

Situation: what are the chances of two woman in Ontario having the same first and last name with one receiving a letter from FRO telling her she own $47,000 in C/S and arrears.
            The enforcing officer did not look at the social insurance number before issuing the letter. Guess who was the enforcing officer? a "man".

LostFather: How can you say "gender related" ???????????
            Do you know how many "men" work as enforcing officers, call center, and in the Financial Dept. at FRO?
            Easy, just because there are men working there doesn't mean for one minute that there isn't gender biased. Look at the court system. Little with old backward judges from the 1800's.

I would also point out any grounds that i have made is from female judges...funny eh?. Point is gender bias doesn't mean that in a mans case it has to come from a woman, the system itself can be biased. Why is it so hard to believe that when it comes to men? Surly you understand that!

Comment

TLCRN,

I can tell you never dealt with the FRO. By the FRO's own admission, they made a gender error. They explained that because most orders they receive require the man to pay, they overlooked the fact that I was the Reciever and not the Payer.

With respect to the Ombudsman, they will not process a FRO or CAS complaint. Both the FRO and CAS are self-policing.

More on FRO (and FSOS) gender inequality, in that when they 'thought' that I was the payer, they had the garnishment order electronically sent to my pay office with lightning speed. Now that the reverse is true, it took the FRO four, yes four months to send the initial enforcement letter to the NB FSOS.

It gets better! When the FRO contacted my ex-wife to ask why she was not responding to any correspondence, she denied that she knew there was an order and denied that she was ever served with regards to any process. BASED ON THAT PHONE CALL ALONE, the FRO and FSOS advised me (only yesterday) that the whole enforcement process has been stopped until they investigate this issue. Do you know what that means? It means that the FRO has refused to enforce a valid court order!In response, I sent the FRO all the FLR Forms 6B and Canada Post Signature/Delivery notices and her responses to the court proving that my ex-wife was definitely involved in the process.

And just to kick me while I am down, the FRO told me that it will be about six weeks before they can investigate. I am now about 2 1/2 years without support from the children's mother.

This is a gender issue if there ever was one!!!

Comment

[quote]CAS are self-policing[/quotes]

....depending on the province. Here in NB there is an ombudsman's office that acts as an independent oversight group. CAS HATES dealing with them. (Read some of my back story for the history, it was bad, CAS dropped the ball big time, and got caught at it).

In PEI for instance, there is no oversight group, so the highest level is the minister. Though if you are getting crap from the minister...contact their counterpart in the opposition. Unfortunately this works a lot better when it's an election year.

Comment

Kenny: having dealt with FRO where I contacted the Ombudsman of Ontario (situation posted on other thread), they obtained results quickly. I contacted the complaint department at FRO first.
                  I am still dealing with FRO as we speak as they will not enforce an Order from January 2011 as according to their policy, they stop enforcing if court proceeding. It went to trial but only have an endorsement waiting to be made an Order by the Courts, and FRO will not enforce an endorsement. It's been a waiting game, 9 months later and still waiting. In the meantime, no C/S, post secondary educaton payments made, arrears are accumulating, and to make matters worse, the staff support at the ontario Colleges are on strike with no OSAP funds released and the colleges are not put fees on hold until then. It's frustrating but life doesn't stop because of all of this.

LostFather: in response to your comments, no one gets to pick who they want as Judge, "woman" or "men". Out of 13 Court Orders made over the years, 11 were written by "male Judge". Does that mean they are "gender bias"??? Really????
                  As a matter of fact according to this website: Judges of the Superior Court of Justice by Region
                  -The Ontario Court serves 8 judicial regions in Ontario. A complement of 242 federally-appointed full-time judges serve the 12.7 million people of Ontario. In the Central West Region alone, out of 27 Judges, 9 are "woman Judge".

Clearly your mind is made up about "Gender Bias" including Judges, men working at FRO, and will leave as is as there is no point. Just because there's one or two spoiled apples in a basket, doesn't mean all the others are!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X