X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge fights to take legal system back (from

Alberta judge fights to take back legal system - The Globe and Mail

An exasperated Alberta judge has issued a call to arms against legal “parasites” who hijack court proceedings with nonsensical motions and bizarre spiritual and legal principles of their own making.

Mr. Justice J.D. Rooke of Alberta Court of Queen’s Bench said these people, who are usually self-represented, assert aggressive claims to be above the law, create courtroom filibusters and present convoluted legal motions that waste valuable time and cause immense frustration to court officials.
    This is the new case law that the article is citing:

Meads v. Meads, 2012 ABQB 571 (CanLII)

Date: 2012-09-18
    Docket: 4803 155609
    URL: http://canlii.ca/t/fsvjq
    Citation: Meads v. Meads, 2012 ABQB 571 (CanLII)

It is incredibly huge. This judge should be given an Order of Canada.

I have to say this litigant is very "resourceful" in this matter with the statements of claim being made. For those of you who find the people coming to sell an idea that the legal system is "out to get them" this is the case law that spells it all out.

Someone needs to link the conduct of what this judge defines as OACP litigants to Axis II disorders of the personality or something. Wow. I again state that this judge should win an Order of Canada. My whole view on highly conflicted litigants and their odd patterns of behaviour just grew 10 fold.

The conflict patterns identified and strategic behaviour, wording, identification of symbols, etc... This judge must have a psychology background or something. Brilliant stuff this judge has identified.
    Last edited by Tayken; 09-29-2012, 12:14 PM.

Absolutely fascinating!Does this mean I may avoid spending the rest of my life in a courtroom?

Comment

I found the Judges are equally to blame. The seem so spineless in Family Court, always refusing to make a decision rather than "encouraging" two warring parties to work it out. My lawyer was awesome in pushing the procedures through, it was the Judges who seemed to stall them.

The whole system needs an overhaul. It should be like small claims court- claim, ONE resolution meeting, trial. End of story

Comment

Thank you Tayken. I will be sure to read it end to end. I know I'll be back in Court. Is your inbox still full? Was hoping to speak with you, Sistah

Comment

It would be a relief if justice was balanced more to responsibility rather than "rights".Everyone now has rights for everything with no onus on responsibility.They have the right to start frivolous lawsuits,the right to appeal again and again ,what doesn’t suit them.Things like truth or fact can be left at the wayside.
          Now with the focus on rights being so very important it puts more pressure on judges.Now the perpetrator has more rights than the victim.So how can a judge stop a clearly high conflict personality from abusing the system without...affecting his/her "rights"?Especially when these people will not accept responsibility for the chaos and damage they cause.
          Dont forget the special interest groups too-these play a part in keep that train rolling down the crazy track.With everything before the media which judge wants to get his/her name in the papers for the wrong reasons?If the judgement is a against a woman -then it could be a chauvenist,If hes a man-the judge is biased against men.If the party is gay ,black,asian,etc etc-there is another "reason" why it could have gone against them.With no responsibly being ingrained in people today, the courts are going to get worse and worse.

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
            Thank you Tayken. I will be sure to read it end to end. I know I'll be back in Court. Is your inbox still full? Was hoping to speak with you, Sistah
            I cleaned it up. (Inbox)

Comment

I've been before this judge at the start of our divorce (he was the one that initially awarded me the SS). I quite liked him naturally. He is an older gentleman, and totally no-nonsense.

Comment

As many of you are aware, my ex has taken me to court 2 x/yr for the past several years. This is the judge my lawyer would be putting my file in front of if my ex continues his incessant, vexatious litigation. I particularly enjoyed reading about "double costs" etc in the justice's case summary. Justice Rooke currently is the senior judge that my lawyer will be dealing with for case management if my ex were to decide to continue to take me to court for essentially no reason.... classic vexatious litigation on his part.

I have to say I that reading the information you brought to our attention Tayken has really made my evening!

Comment

Mr. Mead sounds very familiar. My ex-husband also has very strict religious views and genuinely believes he is a better representative of his religion then the 99% of the people in his community. Add a high conflict personality to this and you have yourself a deadly mix of someone who refuses to settle outside of court on anything, refuses to compromise and litigates until they are prohibited.
                  Last edited by Nadia; 09-30-2012, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Good thing is that law trumps religion every time .Its written very clearly in the Criminal Code that no religious belief exempts somebody from the law.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X