Kids need their space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids need their space

My STBX is on her 5th rental since separation (~5 yrs). I have no problem with STBX moving around within the area. 3 kids from 11-17, 2 are 50/50, 3rd is FT with me. Apart from one location, none of these rentals has had separate bedrooms for the kids. The current and last two places have been bachelors. There is an issue with STBX not working anywhere near potential. I feel that the kids would not change the status quo as they value time with both parents. One of the 50/50 kids is an introvert and has to lock himself in the bathroom to get his space. I'm concerned about their wellbeing in terms of privacy especially as they mature. The eldest (FT with me) feels as though he has been rejected as he asked STBX for a separate bedroom so he could spend more time there but STBX refused, although it should be possible within budget (CS and SS is paid out and more time would mean more $$).

I guess I should see what they want to do? It's just ridiculous and I can't fathom why its continuing.

You want us to say "go get custody, you rock, your ex sucks!".

Take the $40,000 you would spend on a failed court case to grab custody on this flimsy reason, and give it to your ex to buy a better place. Assuming you actually care about this issue.

But seriously, we all know you don't actually care. You just want a reason to fight.

Comment

Why would i push for custody when my kids have plainly said they like the status quo and they’re generally happy?

You’re nasty, Janus. I don’t need or want any cheerleading, thanks. I’m looking for ideas on how to improve their situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ozymandias View Post
        ... they’re generally happy?
        I’m looking for ideas on how to improve their situation.
        If they are generally happy, and you can't change the situation. Not much else to do but give them their space when they are with you.

Comment

You’re nasty, Janus.

Sometimes I am.

I don’t need or want any cheerleading, thanks. I’m looking for ideas on how to improve their situation.
          Give your ex more money. It is really that easy.

although it should be possible within budget
          It is always cute when people decide what should be affordable by somebody else who likely has less money than they do.

Comment

You’re nasty, Janus.
            Did you forget to wash your hands prior to using your computer Janus?

Comment

I follow this Dad on social media. He has 5 kinds in a small Condo.

https://5kids1condo.com/

Comment

If the kids wouldn’t change the status quo and are generally happy then I fail to see what the issue is.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X