Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:23 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebookworm View Post
This is an interim order. It has to be supervised I guess out of caution, even though he found no finding against me. It is for every other weekend from Friday at 9pm to Sunday at 7pm.
Thank god it is interim.

Have you gotten the CAS records? Have the sexual allegations been closed as inconclusive?

What about the sexual abuse program the mother put the kids through, did you get that report? What does that report say?

You should keep your access very child focused , do fun activities with them, and bring a motion for regular access in a couple of month and amend your pleadings for sole custody if there was no basis to you being denied access to your children for the last year.

Supervised access is most always meant to be temporary.

Do not agree to anything less than 50-50 on a final basis.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:50 PM

thebookworm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Have you gotten the CAS records? Have the sexual allegations been closed as inconclusive?

What about the sexual abuse program the mother put the kids through, did you get that report? What does that report say?
My lawyer cross examined the CAS worker and that largely led to the judge determining she was bias and determined to support my ex's position. Yes their official report was "inconclusive" however the worker kept saying she believed I was an abuser, but couldn't prove it. That line emboldened by ex in her attempt to keep the kids away from me.

As far as the counseling program, nothing was submitted by the counselor as evidence, or at least nothing was presented as evidence. I assume that worked in my favour as the only reason they were put in the counseling was to elicit "disclosures", which of course never happened.

I wish I could provide a sensible explanation of how everything played out, but largely I just had to sit back and watch events unfold.

My advice for anyone facing false sexual abuse allegations is to get the best damn lawyer you can afford and do everything you can to maintain the parent-child relationship during the storm. I attended all supervised visits without fail for 13 months and that worked in my favour as it provided 3rd party evidence as to the quality of my relationship with the children.

I will update further as the case progresses. My lawyer thinks I will end up with full custody.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:03 PM
Banned

trinton has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebookworm View Post
My lawyer cross examined the CAS worker and that largely led to the judge determining she was bias and determined to support my ex's position. Yes their official report was "inconclusive" however the worker kept saying she believed I was an abuser, but couldn't prove it. That line emboldened by ex in her attempt to keep the kids away from me.

As far as the counseling program, nothing was submitted by the counselor as evidence, or at least nothing was presented as evidence. I assume that worked in my favour as the only reason they were put in the counseling was to elicit "disclosures", which of course never happened.

I wish I could provide a sensible explanation of how everything played out, but largely I just had to sit back and watch events unfold.

My advice for anyone facing false sexual abuse allegations is to get the best damn lawyer you can afford and do everything you can to maintain the parent-child relationship during the storm. I attended all supervised visits without fail for 13 months and that worked in my favour as it provided 3rd party evidence as to the quality of my relationship with the children.

I will update further as the case progresses. My lawyer thinks I will end up with full custody.
Happy to know you're in good hands. I wish you the Best of all luck.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Tags
access denied, custody, false allegations, homeschooling, parental alienation