Ottawa Divorce .com Forums


User CP

New posts

Advertising

  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-26-2014, 11:38 AM
kidsRworthit kidsRworthit is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 131
kidsRworthit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OCL reconsider accepting case - success with letter

Anyone have experience/success sending letter to OCL Legal Director, requesting to reconsider accepting case?
If so, please share your experience.

Received call from OCL stating they declined my intake application (following court order) on that a s.30 assessment was conducted less than a year ago.
After discussing the (private assessment) June 2013 assessment summary where clinical issues were identified (parental alienation of s10), I stated that the clinical issues have intensified in the past year.

s10 and d12 have no relationship with their father (for no justifiable reason) and the parental alienation is now pervasive. Court ordered reunification psychologist complained to CAS that the children were experiencing mental harm resulting from no relationship with father. CAS opened case, conducted brief interviews, closed case - stating (although acknowledging parental alienation from report) that kids are functioning in school, so they aren't experiencing mental harm. Reunification psychologist disagreed.

Clinical issues have increased, and my high conflict ex ensures alienation is strong. OCL (although mixed benefit) is a resource to utilize to expose the situation and protect the children. Psychologist opposed court involvement.

Appreciate insight of anyone who's had success with OCL reconsidering case and actually accepting it.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Tayken's Avatar
Tayken Tayken is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,997
Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsRworthit View Post
Received call from OCL stating they declined my intake application (following court order) on that a s.30 assessment was conducted less than a year ago.
As they should decline. If you are able to retain a private assessor then the OCL should not be leveraged. OCL is like "Legal Aid" in my opinion and should only be for those that qualify financially.

As well, you have a very fresh Section 30 assessment you can rely upon. Why do you need another assessment?

You want to have the assessment you have reviewed, then hire your own expert to review the Section 30 report and leverage the Rules for bringing forward this expert, qualifying this expert and presenting that expert's evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsRworthit View Post
After discussing the (private assessment) June 2013 assessment summary where clinical issues were identified (parental alienation of s10), I stated that the clinical issues have intensified in the past year.
This is not something the OCL can fix. Just like a Section 30 assessment they can only report as "experts" on the matte rand as they see it. If what you are stating above is true then you should have brought a motion, attached the Section 30 assessment and asked for the recommendations to be implemented or the matter to be moved to immediate trial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsRworthit View Post
s10 and d12 have no relationship with their father (for no justifiable reason) and the parental alienation is now pervasive.
You alleged to have a Section 30 report explicitly stating a finding. Yet, you haven't brought forward a motion? Your story has some serious holes in it. If you can pay for a Section 30 assessment then you have qualified counsel and they should have told you what to do with the resulting report.

What I suspect is that you are reading more into the assessment report than what has been written. You are not happy that it basically says nothing (as most do) and you wanted it to state that you are the all good parent and the other parent is the all bad parent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsRworthit View Post
Court ordered reunification psychologist complained to CAS that the children were experiencing mental harm resulting from no relationship with father. CAS opened case, conducted brief interviews, closed case - stating (although acknowledging parental alienation from report) that kids are functioning in school, so they aren't experiencing mental harm. Reunification psychologist disagreed.
Did you bring a motion to support your argument and present an affidavit form the "reunification psychologist" to support your concerns? I see lots of mentions of other people's opinions, even professionals, but no motions have been filed... !!!CONFUSED!!! as to why you wouldn't have filed a motion on the expert opinion, report and CAS findings??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsRworthit View Post
Clinical issues have increased, and my high conflict ex ensures alienation is strong.
Nonsense. You continually come here barking that the other parent is "high conflict". How does one not know you are the party to blame? See my advice above... You haven't brought a motion on any of the evidence you are presenting here as truthful.

Suffice to say... I think you are full of it and none of the above is truthful because if it was... You would file an emergency motion with the supporting evidence you suggest you have above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsRworthit View Post
OCL (although mixed benefit) is a resource to utilize to expose the situation and protect the children. Psychologist opposed court involvement.
No, OCL is like a Section 30 assessment. Why did the psychologist oppose court involvement? They refuse to testify? Simply bring a motion asking that the psychologist be ordered to questioning. Then have your lawyer question them under oath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsRworthit View Post
Appreciate insight of anyone who's had success with OCL reconsidering case and actually accepting it.
OCL will not reconsider your case. You have a Section 30 assessment. The court will expect both parties to go back to the assessor and do an "update" / "refresh" of what you already have.

Your story is odd...

Good Luck!
Tayken
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-26-2014, 04:37 PM
standing on the sidelines standing on the sidelines is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 5,462
standing on the sidelines is on a distinguished road
Default

so the father is the one doing the PA but the kids have no relationship with him??
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-26-2014, 07:33 PM
blinkandimgone's Avatar
blinkandimgone blinkandimgone is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 5,403
blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough
Default

I suspect the OP is the father.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Case Law, Case Conference and Mediation Free-spirit Divorce & Family Law 5 09-30-2012 09:55 PM
Costs in Bad Faith mom2three Financial Issues 1 10-24-2011 04:19 PM
Filling evidence for Case Conference?? Frustrated_DAD Divorce & Family Law 3 08-09-2011 12:51 PM
Postponing Case Conference frustrateddad1970 Divorce & Family Law 2 06-18-2011 11:38 AM
No doc been served from Respondent for case conference nick2009 Divorce & Family Law 6 01-22-2010 07:38 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 AM.