Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law > Common Law Issues

Common Law Issues The law regarding common law relationships is different than in cases of divorce. Discuss the issues that affect unmarried couples here.

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 07:41 PM

dinkyface will become famous soon enough

Agreed.

To the OP, when you had joint custody, you each shared the expenses, but now that you have sole custody, 'ordinary' hockey expenses are part of the CS paid. What is 'ordinary' vs 'extraordinary' depends on your income+CS. As BF wrote before "Section 7 are tricky, because if he does not have a high income and cannot afford the hockey, he can simply refuse to consent on the fact that it is out of budget based on your incomes. "

Search on CanLII for the terms hockey "extraordinary" to see some examples of the reasoning done by judges.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:55 PM

ina75 is on a distinguished road

Guys, you have no idea how much I appreciate your answers. I am so glad I found you!
Closed Thread