Before and After School Programs S.7 expenses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and After School Programs S.7 expenses

My ex-wife is starting to pre-plan for the fall when school is back in session; the child is starting JK. She is asking for my consent to register the child in before and after school programs that he will attend and also on PA days, she says this is in prep for the catholic school.

Are these S.7 expenses and do I have a say as to whether the child should be attending the programs?; the mother has a full-time job, her employer provides Flexible hours (flexible start and end times).

So she should flex her time to avoid daycare? That would be a hard no. If she needs daycare for work then it is a section 7 expense. If you are available you can offer your time but she doesn’t have to reschedule her work day to save you money.

Comment

Perfect, thank you for the response. This support group is really helpful.

Comment

She does not actually have to ask for consent. She could just enroll the child and send you the bill.

Comment

Thanks Janis, always straight to the point, like that about you in a good way.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X