Conflict of Interest with OCL clinician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflict of Interest with OCL clinician

Has anyone ever had this before? I have done my part with our clinician. They asked me if ex was hard to get a hold of. I then get a letter from ex’s lawyer that his client believes their is a conflict of interest between himself and the clinician (perhaps it’s that he has dodged them for 4-6 weeks). There is no possible way he knows this person through the means he is saying. If his partner knows of this person or received services from them at some point in the past. Is that really relevant?
    Now ocl says they may not reassign our case as the wait list is great. Ex should have brought this up when our letter with the persons name was sent. How do I possibly put our children though this invasive process again? Ex is the one who asked for OCL involvement to begin with. So frustrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mom 2 Two; 09-22-2018, 08:13 AM.

Welcome to family law. This is called a stalling strategy. My ex has used the same strategies which he has applied to all sorts of things he has agreed to. He agreed to an examination by a psychiatrist and a neuropsychologist which he reneged on. He agreed to co-operate with the custody and access assessor...nope. He agreed to his family supervising access after not seeing the kids for 21/ years to show the court that he didn’t need supervised access. Then with the new order for supervised access in hand he refused to exercise access. He agreed to pay a certain portion of s7 on consent. An order was made. Five years later he still hasn’t paid a dime. He agreed to med/arb then refused to sign the agreement or pay the retainer ( he’s a multimillionaire so money is no issue). He requested a forensic accountant but has not signed the agreement with her ( he choose her too), paid her retainer not disclosed the information she has requested.
    He and his lawyer refused to show up for questioning even though it was court ordered. All this stalling has resulted in the fact that 8 years after separation we don’t have one single, solitary issue resolved. This includes custody, access, division of marital assets , cs, s7, equalization, restraining orders, etc.

Your ex is playing the stalling game which is designed to ruin you financially, keep you in perpetual limbo and prevent you and the children from moving on with your life. In my case there have been no legal consequences for my STBX’s behaviour. There have however been natural consequences which have resulted ... none of the children have any respect for him and refuse to have anything to do with him despite my encouragement. In that regard he is reaping what he sewed and no judge can fix the damage he has done to the relationship with his own children. Brain injury or not, the kids have no empathy for him anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Stillbreathing View Post
      Welcome to family law. This is called a stalling strategy. My ex has used the same strategies which he has applied to all sorts of things he has agreed to. He agreed to an examination by a psychiatrist and a neuropsychologist which he reneged on. He agreed to co-operate with the custody and access assessor...nope. He agreed to his family supervising access after not seeing the kids for 21/ years to show the court that he didn’t need supervised access. Then with the new order for supervised access in hand he refused to exercise access. He agreed to pay a certain portion of s7 on consent. An order was made. Five years later he still hasn’t paid a dime. He agreed to med/arb then refused to sign the agreement or pay the retainer ( he’s a multimillionaire so money is no issue). He requested a forensic accountant but has not signed the agreement with her ( he choose her too), paid her retainer not disclosed the information she has requested.

He and his lawyer refused to show up for questioning even though it was court ordered. All this stalling has resulted in the fact that 8 years after separation we don’t have one single, solitary issue resolved. This includes custody, access, division of marital assets , cs, s7, equalization, restraining orders, etc.

Your ex is playing the stalling game which is designed to ruin you financially, keep you in perpetual limbo and prevent you and the children from moving on with your life. In my case there have been no legal consequences for my STBX’s behaviour. There have however been natural consequences which have resulted ... none of the children have any respect for him and refuse to have anything to do with him despite my encouragement. In that regard he is reaping what he sewed and no judge can fix the damage he has done to the relationship with his own children. Brain injury or not, the kids have no empathy for him anymore.

Omg. And a judge does nothing about this? Might as well kill me now... my ex doesn’t have any more means then me. This is making me ill...my kids already know he is the cause of this and I don’t know how I can put them through a new ocl clinician. I pray he can’t prove his conflict. ;-(

Comment

No one else has experienced this issue??? What would you all consider a valid conflict of interest ?

Comment

I think with your ex, even if there wasnt a conflict, he would find some other reason. He probably has some slimy lawyer who is taking the cash that should be going to the kids.

At your next appointment with your lawyer you may want to see about pushing forward without ocl involvement due to the continued delays and financial impacts to the children. Or at least get a temporary order for support and necessary section 7 expenses until you can resolve the custody issues.

Comment

Lawyers last advice was wait for OCL report. A letter has been sent to o/c... as to why all of a sudden has this been brought up more than a month into it. And many other facts. Also clinician has requested more information and proof. Waiting for response...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X