Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 11-08-2013, 11:18 AM

FB_ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by good_mom View Post
My guess would be that she wants to change CS due to expecting and does not want it in writting but that just a guess. IMO.

Ex's never seem to go away! Good luck!
This is my guess.

Is this considered a material change in circumstances?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:21 AM

wretchedotis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB_ View Post

Is this considered a material change in circumstances?
That certainly is a change in material circumstance.
However, assuming it is not you she is pregnant by, your CS obligations are not affected by how many children he has. Only by how many children she has by you.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretchedotis View Post
That certainly is a change in material circumstance.
However, assuming it is not you she is pregnant by, your CS obligations are not affected by how many children he has. Only by how many children she has by you.
I'm thinking she's going to tell me she can't drive the kids to school on her days...since she will be on Mat leave...

I pay off-set and her income will no doubt go down.

Again I'm totally speculating...Best to wait to hear what she actually needs to say...

Last edited by FB_; 11-08-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 11:30 AM

OntarioMomma is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm thinking she's going to tell me she can't drive the kids to school on her days...since she will be on Mat leave...

I pay off-set and her income will no doubt go down.

Again I'm totally speculating...Best to wait to hear what she actually needs to say...
If that was the case, would that be intentional underemployment?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:33 AM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
In conjunction with her choice to move out of the child's primary area, to move to another city, if I recall correctly?
Old 11-08-2013, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dad2bandm View Post
In conjunction with her choice to move out of the child's primary area, to move to another city, if I recall correctly?
Correct.

I have maintained that it is her intention, and have confirmation of this plan from a third party (hearsay), to eventually get the kids registered at school in her new city.

That is why she was so angry when I gave our separation agreement to the school where it outlined that the children are to remain in that school.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:13 PM

Rioe will become famous soon enough

She's just being dramatic. It could be anything. Speculating at this point is just a waste of your time and energy.

Unless she's trying to plot illegal activity with you, there is nothing that can't be communicated in an email.

If it is a pregnancy, then make her take you to court to change the CS, and try to have her imputed to her normal income because having children is a choice that should be made with taking her current financial obligations into consideration. Rent doesn't go down while people are on mat leave. Nor should CS. And if she can't drive the children to school, offer to take them full time during the school year during her mat leave. Your agreement about them staying in the current school shouldn't change.
Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 PM

dad2bandm is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
If it is a pregnancy, then make her take you to court to change the CS, and try to have her imputed to her normal income because having children is a choice that should be made with taking her current financial obligations into consideration...
...Your agreement about them staying in the current school shouldn't change.
Very much in agreement with this.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:11 PM

Tayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant futureTayken has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rioe View Post
She's just being dramatic. It could be anything. Speculating at this point is just a waste of your time and energy.

Unless she's trying to plot illegal activity with you, there is nothing that can't be communicated in an email.

If it is a pregnancy, then make her take you to court to change the CS, and try to have her imputed to her normal income because having children is a choice that should be made with taking her current financial obligations into consideration. Rent doesn't go down while people are on mat leave. Nor should CS. And if she can't drive the children to school, offer to take them full time during the school year during her mat leave. Your agreement about them staying in the current school shouldn't change.
^^^^ Rioe is very smart.

There is case law to this point... If you need someone to research it FB_ just post a new message thread to my attention and I will find loads of it for you.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Old 11-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

I think you are playing this wrong FB.

You sound bitter (I know your story so I understand) however you now have everything you want.

Speak to her, record the conversation if you need to.

In quebec you can lose shared custody of the kids for not having good minimal communications.

Knowledge is power, let her talk to you and spill her beans - don't respond just say I see.