Thoughts: Mom's partner is a violent offender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAHP_01_05_12 View Post
    The reason why we never contacted CAS was because we were informed that CAS will not investigate if we have court papers. Im not sure if this is true or not, does anyone know?
    No, this is not true. After our OCL disclosure, our investigator forwarded a copy of her report to the local CAS. They followed up with me to determine whether they needed to investigate. In my case, I said no because there was no immediate risk to our daughter because of supervised visits. They told me that they would keep our file open in case I needed assistance. They were really helpful. I would contact them if I were you.

Comment

Originally posted by iona6656 View Post
      No, this is not true. After our OCL disclosure, our investigator forwarded a copy of her report to the local CAS. They followed up with me to determine whether they needed to investigate. In my case, I said no because there was no immediate risk to our daughter because of supervised visits. They told me that they would keep our file open in case I needed assistance. They were really helpful. I would contact them if I were you.

One thing I do know is that if you have ocl and CAS gets involved at the same time ocl just puts their investigation on hold. Once cad has made a determination they resume at least that happened in my case and it did delay things quite a bit because dad wasn’t cooperating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X