Analyze this?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analyze this?!

Ex informs me that he has bought every single unit in my condo development, plus every other building in the neighbourhood, at a total cost of $150 million, and the neighbourhood will now be renamed after him. His new wife hands me a pair of snowshoes so I can make my way up north, as she has changed federal laws so that I am required to live above the Arctic Circle for the remainder of my life. I try to explain patiently that they are not allowed to tell me what to do anymore, and by the way, the $150 million was mine from selling Girl Guide cookies and I would appreciate having it back. Then, thank God, I wake up.

Weirdest dream in a very long time.

Do you get out much?

Comment

Don't eat Girl Guide cookies right before bed.

Comment

Thats funny but scary. Imagine ex buying the whoe city lol

Comment

Well I'm not good at analyzing dreams but will try...You are giving your ex (and his wife if any) too much power. Maybe you think about him/them too often? You work hard and think he owes you more $$ than what you received. You feel you need to explain yourself to him.

Weird dream but made for entertaining reading!

Comment

Hi caranna,

Yes, I posted it for entertainment value. Thanks for your comments - I would say that although the ex has no real power over me anymore, I still find he takes up too much room in my head (such as thinking I have to justify or explain myself to him, when I don't), so maybe that's the "I've bought all the real estate and taken all your space!" part of it. As for the Girl Guide cookies - I was always the "good girl" who played by the rules and tried to do everything right, which sometimes worked to the ex's benefit and my detriment. And as for the snowshoes, who knows???

Comment

Dreams are much more important than most people realize. I did a very quick search and found this site:

6 Ways to Reap the Health Benefits of Dreams | Care2 Healthy Living

Worth emphasizing:

In sleep studies of recently divorced women with untreated clinical depression, scientists found that patients who recalled dreams and incorporated the ex-spouse or relationship into their dreams scored better on tests of mood in the morning. And they were much more likely to recover from depression than others who either did not dream about the marriage or could not recall their dreams.

Read more: 6 Ways to Reap the Health Benefits of Dreams | Care2 Healthy Living

Comment

Originally posted by caranna View Post

In sleep studies of recently divorced women with untreated clinical depression, scientists found that patients who recalled dreams and incorporated the ex-spouse or relationship into their dreams scored better on tests of mood in the morning.
                That's encouraging as lately I've been dreaming about our break-up and the events leading up to it. So the old brain is doing it's job of 'purging' the mental garbage ... Though Stripe's dream is way more entertaining than anything that I could ever imagine lol!

When I read the first couple of lines, I was thinking to myself (he bought all her condos???) she won't be needing food stamps any time soon ....

Comment

^^ That's pretty cool. It makes sense if you think of dreams as working through the emotional stuff that's percolating under the surface of consciousness. I never actually had any divorce dreams before.

I will admit my first thought on waking up was "Oh crap - I try to avoid dealing with him when I'm awake, now I have to put up with him when I'm asleep too???".

Comment

I once dreamed that my ex took away the entire city with a helicopter. He hooked up for chains on each corner, and just wisked it away. He said, "If I can't live here, nobody can"....people were driving their cars right off the edge of the flying city into a huge hole below.

Divorce fucks with your head. LOL

Comment

That's hilarious, MS mom!

I have frequently had dreams about my ex simply ceasing to exist, as though he never had. Sadly, our lives in my dreams closely mirror our real lives where in my dreams, his ceasing to exist has zero impact on anything. Much like when we seperated, nothing changed for the kids and I, it was like he'd never been here to begin with. The difference was unnoticable.

Comment

Originally posted by MS Mom View Post
                        I once dreamed that my ex took away the entire city with a helicopter. He hooked up for chains on each corner, and just wisked it away. He said, "If I can't live here, nobody can"....people were driving their cars right off the edge of the flying city into a huge hole below.

Divorce fucks with your head. LOL
                        ^^^ Awesome!

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                        Working...
                        X