Nexus Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nexus Cards

I want to apply for a NEXUS card for my kids.

Children

Children under the age of 18 require the consent of a parent or legal guardian to enrol in NEXUS. At the interview, children under the age of 18 must be accompanied by at least one custodial parent or guardian. Please note that there is no fee for applicants under the age of 18. The parent or guardian needs to have documentary evidence of custody with no restrictions on removal from the custodial jurisdiction. The documents presented to the officer at the NEXUS Enrolment Centre have to establish that the adult or adults are the parents or legal guardians. Children can be enrolled in NEXUS even if their parents or guardians are not NEXUS members.
    Does anybody know what this means?

Our agreement does not say we CANNOT take the children out of the country.

I would obviously ask the ex to co-operate to get them a nexus card but I'm just wondering how it would work and if anybody has applied AFTER seperation/divorce for a nexus card.

Thanks

I have a Nexus card as does S15. I never saw anything like that and was not questioned. Maybe if there is a restriction on the child's passport this comes into effect?

Comment

My boys have Nexus cards. It was a non-issue for us, but my ex came with me to the interview to get their cards.

Comment

Originally posted by oink View Post
        FB_

You do not need your EX to coorporate with you to get a NEXUS card!

Apply for yourself and child(ren) online as per usual...

You will have to pay processing fees for yourself, and might not have to for the kid(s) depending on their age. I have one for myself and child that I applied for personally

https://goes-app.cbp.dhs.gov/pkmslogout

We were given different dates for our interviews (because you have to apply separately), but after a phone call to the office, I was told we can show up together.

I took child in, and the interview is just a retina scan, picture, and info session.

Just make sure you fill out the online application properly i.e. last 3yrs address, have you been in trouble, your job etc

It's an alternative to asking for the passports all the time, if it happens that it was you that applied for the card.

I have only been asked once where the mother is, and I said she is working. If she can provide a letter to travel, that also helps and nice to have just in case
        I have already applied for myself and my son. I just got my daughters new passport and will be applying for hers hopefully tonight.

Thanks

Comment

Wow the next available Toronto Nexus appointment is Feb 1st.

I guess I won't have them in time for my trip south the first week of December.

Comment

Are you allowed to schedule the interview for the Port Huron enrollment office?

If so, they usually have open dates/times available a week out.

Comment

Buffalo-Ft. Erie Enrollment Center-10 CENTRAL AVENUE, FORT ERIE, ON L2A1G6, CA
              Date:2013-11-26, Start Time:1115, End Time: 1130

Niagara Falls Enrollment Center-2250 WHIRLPOOL ST., NIAGARA FALLS, NY 14305, US
              Date:2013-11-27, Start Time:1030, End Time: 1045

These are week days and are the same week I leave for my trip so I'm not pulling the kids out of school (Not my access days also) to go to these interviews.

I'm not sure I'm willing to drive to Port Huron for this appointment, but Maybe I will consider that.

Port Huron Enrollment Center-2321 NEXUS Enrollment Center, Pine Grove Ave., Port Huron, MI 48060, US
              Date:2013-10-17, Start Time:0800, End Time: 0830

Does anyone know how long after the interview do you actually get the cards?

Comment

Originally posted by FB_ View Post
                Does anyone know how long after the interview do you actually get the cards?
                For Port Huron, by the end of the week following the interview. Approx 7-10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by firhill View Post
                  For Port Huron, by the end of the week following the interview. Approx 7-10 days.
                  Are they mailed or do you have to pick them up?

Comment

Snail Mail

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                    Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                    Working...
                    X