Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 09-14-2021, 06:40 PM

cleanSlate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brampton33 View Post
Any or all three of these would make a great Christmas or birthday gift to your ex.
OK. I have read a bit about your ex.
Might they say that you sending the books is you trying to control them?

I am being serious here, high-conflict people suck.
Old 09-14-2021, 07:55 PM

Brampton33 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanSlate View Post
Might they say that you sending the books is you trying to control them?
The same way mentioned Parenting 101 to Iona, one may say you would benefit from Humour 101 or Sarcasm 101. One must be able to not be so rigid in order to recognize jokes/humour when its presented to them.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:59 AM

Quote:
However, with a high conflict ex, get ready for other ways that they try to create conflict, even during when all exchanges are school exchanges.

For example, I send kids to school with nice clothes that fit. Its guaranteed that on the days that I pick up the kids, they are in clothes far too small and meant for the trash. Whereby I cannot bring myself to send kids back to school on her pickup day with the same clothes she put on.

Another example, is the tupperware hoarding in lunches. I send kids to school with tupperware in lunches. When I pick up kids, there is no tupperware to be found. I am constantly re-stocking my tupperware rather than having to deal with her.

Lastly, I send kids to school on a rainy day with rain gear, so the stuff ends up at her place if its her pickup day. Guaranteed I won't see that stuff again. My ex does not bother to look at the weather for the next day to see if I may need the rain gear back. And so on and so on....
This thread got side-tracked by criticism rather than helpfulness. Any advice on how to deal with the above-noted pettiness (when exchanges done through school) would be appreciated.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:14 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

Quote:
This thread got side-tracked by criticism rather than helpfulness. Any advice on how to deal with the above-noted pettiness (when exchanges done through school) would be appreciated.

There isnt. As many posters will tell you, you have to just grin and bear it until the kids are old enough to assist or tell the other parent off.

I remember the look on my mothers face when I told her enough was enough and I had had it with her petty bullshit.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:29 AM

Quote:
I am confused.
Iona didn't bring up those items.
that stuff is a whole new thread.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanSlate View Post
I am confused.
Iona didn't bring up those items.
that stuff is a whole new thread.
The thread topic is "transitioning child between 2 homes". My question was how to address pettiness being played by ex as part of transitioning between 2 homes. Completely on topic with original poster and relevant.

Do you have anything insightful to suggest in response to my question? Otherwise, please refrain from responding as I do not have time or energy to deal with childish behaviours.
Old 09-17-2021, 07:12 PM

Quote:
The thread topic is "transitioning child between 2 homes". My question was how to address pettiness being played by ex as part of transitioning between 2 homes. Completely on topic with original poster and relevant.

Do you have anything insightful to suggest in response to my question? Otherwise, please refrain from responding as I do not have time or energy to deal with childish behaviours.
Really, it is Iona's thread and she is not having difficulty exchanging items here.

Her concern is about good routine and habits for the kids, transitioning the kids routine, a 4 year old.

You high-jacked a thread about routines and are making it about items. This is a completely different subject, you are dealing with someone that is purposely screwing you over; she is dealing with different parenting styles.

Just saying....yes this is helpful...separate things and don't let problems bleed into each other because if you do it becomes a bigger and unsolvable mess. compartmentalize.