No announcement yet.

Mother wanted for abduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The poster's original response to my questioning was sufficient. There was no need for him to go on and attack me personally (twice). Interesting that the thread talks about abduction and false accusations.

I found the OP's writing inconsistent. In one post he misspells a simple word such as "bare" [should have been "bear"] and generally writes simply with many grammatical errors. Then, a few posts later, he writes surprisingly well, in a polished professional-sounding manner which doesn't match previous posts.

I am interested in the subject and simply requested that if he is using a source that he provide [cite] it.

There was absolutely no need to attack me personally. (accusing me of drug/alcohol and then going on to say he feels sorry for my ex).

Comment

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
      Tayken that seems like a neat tool you have. Its an algorithm that can actually identify plagiarism? By pluggin in phrases?
      I use a bunch of them. There are literally thousands of services these days. Free ones too...

Like... Grammarly | Instant Grammar Check - Plagiarism Checker - Online Proofreader

Good Luck!
      Tayken

Comment

Arabian,

Point taken. You've been here a long time and have probably helped countless people in divorce parenting situations. My comments are only specific to this thread.

Your credibility is not in doubt when it comes to you helping people out in this forum.

I'm sure many have thanked you.

Let's all agree we are fortunate to have smart people that have no problem challenging each other. It only gives better ideas and solutions to the ultimate problem

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          There was absolutely no need to attack me personally. (accusing me of drug/alcohol and then going on to say he feels sorry for my ex).
          It wasn't an attack as I read it. It was an example. Although graphic in nature it was raised to demonstrate a point. That alleging something without evidence is not a great thing to do. Had you come to the thread providing links to the content that you "felt" the poster in question had leveraged then, your allegation would have had more weight.

Similar to how weighing the balance of probabilities works in our legal system. Orders are generally not made on what people think and/or believe...

Good Luck!
          Tayken

Comment

Thank you Tayken. My remarks were not intended to be an "allegation" rather a simple request for the OP the cite any references should he be improperly using them. Often people simply don't know that it is against the forum rules to cut and paste things from books/articles without referencing them. It turns out that the OP can express himself quite eloquently. He should be complimented rather than offended and refrain from 'knee-jerk' reactions.

I look forward to reading more of his posts. The topic of parental abduction is interesting.

Comment

My remarks were not intended to be an "allegation" rather a simple request for the OP the cite any references should he be improperly using them.
              Strongly worded though. (Go back and read it.) It was taken by the poster as an allegation that they were not behaving properly.

Often people simply don't know that it is against the forum rules to cut and paste things from books/articles without referencing them.
              Agreed.

It turns out that the OP can express himself quite eloquently. He should be complimented rather than offended and refrain from 'knee-jerk' reactions.
              Not sure if the poster identified their gender.

I look forward to reading more of his posts. The topic of parental abduction is interesting.
              I agree. Considering it is the area that I primarily am interested in it is interesting that there is a poster contributing at this level of knowledge. It is incredibly rare.

Good Luck!
              Tayken

Comment

I agree with Tayken.

Comment

Interesting topic, indeed. Let's stick to the topic rather than have the thread hijacked in a debate about sources.

Thanks!

Comment

To reiterate, I am a student. Within my posts above, I have incorporated information I have learned and, additionally, I have applied methods of writing effectively:

a) In this post, I have presented information as I understand it and raised questions about law in general. Mine is one of potentially hundreds of views. My contribution in this post is to invite discussion / debate about law, specifically in this case about parental abduction vs alleged parental abduction that involves enforcement officers.

b) The formal tone in these posts indeed differ from my previous more casual / friendly / conversational ones where I have sought information to a personal question.

Moving forward:

Again, I am a student. I am interpreting law as I understand it for the moment. I welcome input towards any of my posts about law where I have potentially misunderstood or misinterpreted. I am by no means an expert and none of my posts should be regarded at that standard.

I keep extensive hand-written notes for my courses. I also keep a separate personal notebook where I jot down information I feel may be relevant, as it pertains to my case. I have, and shall continue to, refer to my personal notes for my involvement on this forum.

To conclude this post, I invite discussion about the main topic. I have legitimately raised some questions about law that indirectly relate to my case. I welcome your views to bring this back to the original subject. I look forward to reading further.

Comment

Would you care to shed some light on details of what you're going through? What happened? We have a lot of bright minds on here.

So far I've concluded that you've been falsely accused of abducting your child. Consequently you're having supervised access. Is this correct? How did this all come about? If you don't mind that is.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                      Working...
                      X