This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
    ... call me dramatic, an abuser, a catfish, a liar .. etc. Now I'm controlling my ex's life by asking for advice about an issue.
    Catfish? I have been called a "smelly fish". We finally have something in common.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
      Catfish? I have been called a "smelly fish". We finally have something in common.
      Gift-Cards.jpg

Something like this? Uncommonly fresh!

Comment

Had you pursued sole custody (with generous access to your ex) your daughter would now be benefiting from the positive role model of her step-sister and school attendance likely wouldn't be an issue.

Of course you are going to continue to keep excellent records of everything and should your daughter start missing school, with school grades declining, you could revisit custody.

Perhaps remind the bitch of this?

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          Had you pursued sole custody (with generous access to your ex) your daughter would now be benefiting from the positive role model of her step-sister and school attendance likely wouldn't be an issue.

Of course you are going to continue to keep excellent records of everything and should your daughter start missing school, with school grades declining, you could revisit custody.

That's not happening, when you consent to something assume it is never going to change without the hand of god intervening... LF32 consenting was a big mistake.

Comment

I believe LF32 and his ex "consented" to the agreement they now have. If he wants to file for sole custody again he can do so. Would he not have success if he later was able to argue that child's school absence correlates with decline of academic standing?

Comment

Arabian has excellent advice and gave me a great laugh today. (See bold.)

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
                That's not happening, when you consent to something assume it is never going to change without the hand of god intervening... LF32 consenting was a big mistake.
                Don't assume the other party knows this. I don't think LF32 consenting was a mistake. You are correct that changing an order made on consent is really hard to do. Because it was made on consent. But, you don't have to tell the other party to the matter this. Some times the fear of god is just as powerful as the hand of god.
                Last edited by Tayken; 03-25-2016, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
                  [ATTACH]132[/ATTACH]

Something like this? Uncommonly fresh!
                  Not sure if you will get my joke but, some long-term posters (Arabian) may...

That was a very "resourceful" link you provided and illustrates it. But, I think the original author was not as "resourceful" as you are.

Good Luck!
                  Tayken

Comment

I believe LF32 and his ex "consented" to the agreement they now have. If he wants to file for sole custody again he can do so. Would he not have success if he later was able to argue that child's school absence correlates with decline of academic standing?
                    The order states that my ex had to explore "relocating" to my neck of the woods. It also stated that she had to explore schools in my area.... She did neither. Then, yes it did say that school would be in her area.

I had a decision to make. A huge trial with time off work (couldn't afford) to deal with school .. or stomach the school piece (a lil' drive) and I get everything else I was asking since the beginning. I chose not to battle over the school ... still not sure if Links is correct and I made a huge mistake ... I do know I have my child 50/50 and the tornado I called life relaxed a bit. All I thought about was FLR's, CLRA's, exhibits, etc. I have a life to live.

Funny thing about the trial. I was oh-so ready .. I had 3 stacked binders with caselaw, primary parent items, parenting plans, etc. I even spent 3 months on my opening statement...which I felt was very good. But still .. I chose to avoid the war and enjoy my 50/50.

Am I stuck in this consent order forever? I think we all know I'm not if there are significant material changes in circumstances. I wouldn't pursue any court dates until that happened and I was completely confident that they were significant enough to warrant a variation in the order.

__________________________________________________ ____________

I have a quick question unrelated to the above material.

The order states that ex and I are to share all child tax credits, etc every other year. I'm even years .. so this year. I filled out all the paperwork and just received their response stating this:

We determined that you are not eligible for D4 since you do not meet the residency requirements
                    What does this mean? There's an order stating that I get it .. which of course I included in the package with the application. Since I'm paying all extra curricular's, full CS, etc and have 50/50 .. why/how could they deny me and ignore the order?

Anyone that could shed some info on that would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

You didn't have 50/50 in 2015. And 2015 is her year.

Child tax credits are based on the previous year's taxes. When you file 2015, you receive benefits from July 2016 to July 2017 based on that income.

Based on your "even" years, you claim D4 on 2016 taxes and receive benefits next July 2017 based on that income.

Comment

Originally posted by SadAndTired View Post
                        You didn't have 50/50 in 2015. And 2015 is her year.

Child tax credits are based on the previous year's taxes. When you file 2015, you receive benefits from July 2016 to July 2017 based on that income.

Based on your "even" years, you claim D4 on 2016 taxes and receive benefits next July 2017 based on that income.
                        Aha .. this may be correct. I think?

Comment

I agree with that. You get the even years, and you're talking about 2015 taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tayken View Post
                            Not sure if you will get my joke but, some long-term posters (Arabian) may...

That was a very "resourceful" link you provided and illustrates it. But, I think the original author was not as "resourceful" as you are.

Good Luck!
                            Tayken
                            oh yes I do remember....

Tame stuff nowadays aint it?

Comment

Hope everybody had a splendid Easter.

So my ex has texted me once again, notifying me that D4 will not be going to school today.

Ex had D4 call me on Sunday to say Happy Easter. D4 was peppy, hyper, laughing and saying she was about to play with her friend. No coughing, etc at all. Last week the Dr. told me that she had a bit of a cough, but that it was simply a leftover croupy cough and not contagious. I of course passed this on to ex (D4 was completely healthy when I dropped her off). Now ex is saying she doesn't want kids at school to get sick (even though I told her doc told me last week that contagion period was over).

So D4 is great to travel to QC, play with friends all weekend, but not go to school...."again". There is a clear pattern forming.

Should I send the teacher an e-mail making him cognizant of some of the history? (Me fighting tooth and nail to get j/k - ex not wanting school, etc).

Or do I simply sit back and let her miss all of this school and do nothing?

Also, this will further reinforce to D4 that she doesn't have to go (mommy will keep her home) even when she's fine?

Comment

Youre fighting a losing battle on this one my friend. It was a long weekend and of course your ex is going to stay in QC. Its sad she has to lie about it.

On one hand its JK so missing class isnt a serious issue. On the other hand shes setting a precedent for kid that she doesnt have to go to school.

If you really want to say something it should be limited to "thanks for letting me know. Im concerned though with the amount of school being missed. Unless she is seriously ill, we must continue to enforce that attending school is a priority. I expect that you will send her to class just as I do when she is with me." Or something along those lines...others have better language. Today is only because ex has stayed out of town, nothing more.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X