Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

court appointed childrens lawyer!!! where are you????

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court appointed childrens lawyer!!! where are you????

What is there that i can do????? my son is the one suffering the most here and the effects on him has taken toll on school work and the way he carries himself.AND WE HAVE JOINT CUSTODY

What can i do legally because this cant go on it will destroy our little man.

he is on the waiting list for a counsellor : ( and can take up to 1 year.
    does someone know how long it takes for children court appointed lawyer to actually show up after it has been ordered from the court? is there anything you can do to push them to act quicker!!!!!

please help!

Originally posted by wanna move View Post
    What is there that i can do????? my son is the one suffering the most here and the effects on him has taken toll on school work and the way he carries himself.AND WE HAVE JOINT CUSTODY

What can i do legally because this cant go on it will destroy our little man.

he is on the waiting list for a counsellor : ( and can take up to 1 year.
    does someone know how long it takes for children court appointed lawyer to actually show up after it has been ordered from the court? is there anything you can do to push them to act quicker!!!!!

please help!
    The Office of the Childrens Lawyer is the one that you are looking for. They are appointed by the court and you must have an active motion for a judge to do so. The one I mentioned to you via PM would work well as that can be part of your motion.

They are there to represent the child by determining what is best and what the child wants. Typically they dont get involved until they are 12 but have been known to do so younger.

Comment

Many school now how social workers that assist in the schools with children having difficulties with grade and such. If his school work is suffering try talking to school. If the grades are slipping I am sure that the teacher is noticing the change.

Just a thought.

Comment

school

A good source of help as well for the day to day. But if needed may be a little more difficult to get them involved with court. They would relay issues etc to OCL. By the way OCL would talk with teachers doctors spouses and family to learn about the children.

Comment

i did get one appointed to my son for my case but that was 2 months ago and we have still to hear from them. anybody know how long it take for OCL to actually show up?

Comment

Did you and other party submit the intake form within 10 days of the order? My understanding is that the judge can only order you to submit the application. Depending on your circumstances, OCL may or may not get involved. It may take 2-3 months for OCL to respond to your application.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X