Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCL questions for non-parents

Hi,

Our OCL has said I will be interviewed in the assessment process. As the spouse of the parent, what kind of questions should I be expecting?

Thanks!

As grandparents, my husband and myself were interviewed by OCL as well as observed interacting with our GD. OCL was involved as part of the custody dispute between our D and her ex.

The interview was first and there were questions about GD's routine, questions about her likes, dislikes, behavior. Not sure the purpose, maybe trying to see if various peoples descriptions matched up. Also questions about both parents strengths and weaknesses. Tried to be honest and sincere during interview as they likely can tell if you're not.

The observation was awkward as you're trying to act and play normally but OCL agent is writing down everything you do and say and you don't know if it's good or bad. Again, just tried to be as natural as possible.

Comment

Thank you PeacefulMoments!

I meet with the OCL this week. Does anyone have any other input for the spousal interviews?

Comment

Check out the sticky post I wrote on the OCL, it have all the questions they will ask you and your partner.

Comment

Originally posted by cpartener View Post
          Thank you PeacefulMoments!

I meet with the OCL this week. Does anyone have any other input for the spousal interviews?
          I posted something just a few hours ago in this forum that has some points. Look for the Lessons Learned post.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by involveddad75 View Post
            Check out the sticky post I wrote on the OCL, it have all the questions they will ask you and your partner.
            Fyi... they don't use a template questionnaire, but your post is certainly the types of questions they are interested in. Mine was quite different, but same context.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by involveddad75 View Post
              ^^^ This. It's a very useful sticky with a great list.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X