Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• court date adjournment?

Hi guys just a quick question
    I was represented by a legal aid lawyer; however, few days ago my layer emailed me and told me that she can no longer represent me because of absence of leave. then her firm contacted me and helped me with the necessary stuff (Forums like change of lawyer and helped in finding a new lawyer) they also told me that I need to contact legal Aid and request a change of lawyer since the previous lawyer can no longer represent me because of leave of absence. So I called legal aid and they told me the whole precesses would take 4 weeks after submitting the application. when I told them that I have a case conference date on oct 25(coming Friday) they asked me to get the date adjourn

What I want to know if this has happened to someone? what are the chances of getting the date adjourn? and what is the processes to getting the date adjourn.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Depends on the issues at hand and the best interests of the children. And how often CC are heard at your court house. I suspect it won't be an issue if the parties are just arguing about an increase or decrease that is minimal in support or access. However, last time I tried to get out of a court date with justifiable reasons I was told: You can ask the judge for permission. I asked how I do that and was told: When you show yup for the court appearance you are trying to postpone! Seriously!

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
      Depends on the issues at hand and the best interests of the children. And how often CC are heard at your court house. I suspect it won't be an issue if the parties are just arguing about an increase or decrease that is minimal in support or access. However, last time I tried to get out of a court date with justifiable reasons I was told: You can ask the judge for permission. I asked how I do that and was told: When you show yup for the court appearance you are trying to postpone! Seriously!
      This doesn't make any sense!

Comment

Originally posted by Serene View Post
        Hi serene I don't understand what your trying to say here

Oink: I did find a new lawyer, however just waiting for legal aid's reply; however thanks for the advice I will talk to the counter staff

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
        Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
        Working...
        X