Lying on Financial statement at SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying on Financial statement at SC

So what will happen when we go back to SC and the judge finds out my ex lied on his financials.
    Part of the problem with my case is my ex was paying half of the kids health benefit costs because he has never had benefits. Then he just stopped. In an attempt to not have to pay those as well he put he has them on his financials.

He put an amount. The name of the benefits company...
    we got endorsement from judge for disclosure on 4 things this being one of them. My ex had never informed me he had benefits so we could at least use the co-pay from his. He wasn’t even paying half of what was not covered

Just as we were leaving the court room he told his lawyer he actually doesn’t have the benefits!! And his lawyer told mine right in front of me.
    The judge was already not happy with the games dad has been playing...
    we see same judge for a second time to see if we have come close to any sort of settlement. Told us we wouldn’t get a trial date until next April.. if we didn’t schedule another SC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mom 2 Two; 06-05-2019, 07:01 AM.

More than likely his partner has benefits and he is on them. I would bet the kids are on them too and they will submit to hers and and keep the money.

Technically if the person has repartnered and that person has benefits, the kids should be on them. My husbands kids are on mine.

You could ask for a copy of her benefits showing if he is on them and if they have the ability to put the kids on them.

As for the games he played, Im ver happy the judge gave him grief for it. His plan backfired and now he’s in the hole for a year.

Comment

Right. She very well may have benefits. But for him to put the cost of them on his financials.

Also they asked my permission to put them on her benefits and I said no. Because she refused to share any information/plan # and didn’t say they would reimburse the amount I paid that wasn’t covered.
      She also sent me a quote... one that was just generic off the internet. This was not actual proof she had benefits. She claimed she already had them. Perhaps she does now.

I called the company who gave her the quote for her private plan. Which is worse than my plan at works coverage. The company does not offer any orthodontic coverage which she claims they do. And they would only cover 80% of the 20% my plan does not cover. And they would have needed written consent from me and my plan info to add my kids. This was Great West Life.

Anyways they now need to provide disclosure of the benefits and plan # and so on. So maybe they will rush to get them now.

Comment

Its in their best interest to put them on it. And you don’t need permission. I didn’t ask in my case.

I look at it this way, if my husband has to pay $100 without my benefits and with them it covers that cost, it’s worth it. You don’t normally see the cost for your benefits but over the year I am sure most are cheaper than the amounts submitted.

The bigger problem is if they hide it and keep the money, that’s insurance fraud.

Comment

Oh I agree... but health Benefits are truly a Section 7 cost. Do you pay for your benefits? If mine were free I wouldn’t care. I guess if they can show a cost they pay associated with her benefits that’s fair game. But if my kids are on it at no cost then he feels he should be splitting the premium with me. And the point my lawyer tried to make to his lawyer was paying me Xx amount of money is cheaper than him paying or her paying for private benefits. And why should we both be paying a premium? We are both paying more than what the kids actually use and it’s cheaper to just split what insurance doesn’t cover on one plan. I guess we will see what they disclose and then a decision will be made.

Also remember I have several texts and emails from him saying he will pay his share which he did pay before gf moved in.

Will be a sticky matter for him I think if he can’t show he has benefits for them.

Comment

I work in the public sector so my benefits come off “union” dues. My husband works in the private sector so his come off his paycheque (a couple dollars a pay). We don’t technically see that money and it pays for our needs too more so than the kids which we are fine with. Considering his kids have glasses its worth it. His agreement says he must apply for benefits if they are available to him, nothing about cost sharing.

To me its a no brainer though. If you have coverage for say $40 a year and your health care fees are over $500, that $40 goes a long way. If he was to apply for additional benefits in the same range as what you pay, splitting the cost isn’t necessary as it would then give you 100% coverage.

In both of our plans it lays it out that primary parent submits first, then non primary, then spouse of primary, then spouse of non primary. Benefits companies are actually set up perfectly for split families.

Comment

So I pay $120 month. Just for the kids. And I do see the money. It’s taken off of each pay. Plus I pay another $100 for me. So I pay $220 month in total. I can have single or family. If I have to continue to pay this on my own it works out to quite a bit of money over the next 10-15 years.

Comment

Holy crap. Your company doesn’t offer any benefits? Thats so odd!

I wonder if there is another option thats done privately...I know years ago I had a friend who got benefits through Great West Life or one of those companies that they paid $6 a month for.

Let me see what I can find...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X