No announcement yet.

Withdrawing from FRO and reduction in income

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with you and agree it's not fair. I can just say that I requested disclosure and never received anything. The income was accepted at face value and as a result, I ended up paying her lawyers fees and more support than it should have been given our court order. All in all, I'm down about $10,000 in extra fees and support so it's a bit of a tough lesson.

To do it over again, I should have just paid her some retro and avoided litigation.

Its a tough pill to swallow.

Comment

Ya for sure it is.

We are bringing the motion to enforce the agreement.

He is the payor. He stopped paying. You think he will win that?

I’m sorry you lost. It seems so unfair. Sounds like judge didn’t look at the evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
        Ya for sure it is.

We are bringing the motion to enforce the agreement.

He is the payor. He stopped paying. You think he will win that?

I’m sorry you lost. It seems so unfair. Sounds like judge didn’t look at the evidence.

Agreed, the judge appears to have just relied on oral arguments and my lawyer didn't say much.

If you ex is the payor and stopped paying (no reason provided) I don't imagine he will win. You never know however, that is the gamble of going to court. I would say however that as the payor, I often feel that there is a bias against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Gilligan View Post
          Agreed, the judge appears to have just relied on oral arguments and my lawyer didn't say much.

If you ex is the payor and stopped paying (no reason provided) I don't imagine he will win. You never know however, that is the gamble of going to court. I would say however that as the payor, I often feel that there is a bias against them.

Well his reasoning is it’s above his means. As he needs to take care of his new family. He has paid half of hockey three years in a row... and taken them on his time. Now all of a sudden “it’s above his means”. He doesn’t consent to medical costs.... orthotics when our child’s leg is shorter than the other and causing him pain. Refuses to pay half the dental bills when I had no insurance.. and just stopped paying for half the insurance after he paid it for two years.

I’m happy your kids have a father that supports them. They will be better for it. And I am sad that the courts let a mom get a way without contributing her fair share.

Comment

The argument about his new family won’t fly. If you wanted to, you could go into canlii and search for cases like that. Some of the reasons for the “not buying it” were pretty ugly. Your ex has a responsibility to his kids not his new family. Plus those kids aren’t even his biologically.

I have a feeling your next couple of appearances will be much different that the last one.

Comment

I think the medical / dental / education is a no brainer. You other stuff might be more difficult but your ex isn't going to be viewed in a good light if it gets to a motion and that may also result in him paying for half of extra curricular (hockey). Taking care of his new family doesn't appear to be a valid reason to not support your children and won't be considered.

I also find it odd that the courts won't make a parent contribute their fair share. I find it particularly odd being in a 50/50 that they treat it as a Payor / Recipient when you are in essence both equal payor, however enforcement only occurs one way.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X