Travel permission rescinded...what options do I have

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel permission rescinded...what options do I have

In March 2016, I texted my ex letting her know that I would like to take our daughter on vacation for March break 2017. I gave her the dates and she said "sounds good", "I'm sure she'll have fun".

I just booked the trip and sent her the location along with flight information. She replied that she will not allow it as our daughter will be gone on our daughter's birthday. She knew the dates in March. Our daughter's birthday will always fall during March break and in 2016, she was on vacation with her mother and I didn't put up a fuss.

What are my options?

Does your agreement have the magical line "consent shall not be unreasonably withheld"?

If so...

1. Motion - don't forget to send an offer to settle
    2. Win
    3. Collect Costs - you did send that offer to settle, right?
    4. Never have to worry about your ex pulling this stunt ever again

Probably less than $1000 upfront, and a net cost of about $400 once you collect costs. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Comment

Why don't you have an agreement already on alternating March break?? If it's your time, then there is no argument.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X