This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Allegations

Can anything be done to somebody that has made some very serious allegations?? My ex said that I chopped a door down with a axe and chased her through the house, then she said I knocked her to the ground and dragged her to the wood stove where I tried to burn her head off. The police noticed right away that the door didnt even have a mark on it, and they were going to drop the investigation right away, but then a womans victim unit got involved and they had to do a full investigation, even the police knew that it didn't even happen, but they were told to fully investigate, nothing she told them made any sense. After 2 months they have now stopped the investigation and said its over, it never happened. Can anything be done to her for making false allegations, the police didn't even believe her when she was telling the story. Why is that men always get accused of stuff, how is it fair that a woman can say what ever she wants and get away with it. I've never done anything wrong in my life other than a realationship with her. Shouldn't she be held accountable for making false allegations. This is crazy to think that people can just say shit and get away with it. Any ideas if she can be held accountable

That VERY VERY good question... I need answer too...

Comment

INSIST that the police charge her with Public Mischief Section 140 (1) of the Criminal Code. If they don't, then go to the J.P. and lay your own Information.

Comment

I am sorry for stupid question but what is J.P. ?
        Does the same apply for anybody who lied about you and tried to charge you for example with assault ? How far back you can go? I mean can you do still do it if that happened 2 years ago ?

Comment

J.P. - Justice of the Peace. Technically you could lay a Public Mischief charge 2 years after the fact, but you would have to have some solid evidence to support your claim. I doubt very strongly if you could find a J.P. to take your complaint. Your credibility comes into question the longer you wait. I would concentrate your efforts on more recent events.

Comment

Thank you.
            Just good to know ... I just wonder does anyone pursue false allegations what a lot of us facing in family court?

Comment

Public Mischief is where someone has the Police (Peace Officer) enter into an investigation. False allegations in Family Court are the "other sides"' truth, and the other side is not having the police investigate, so Public Mischief wouldn't apply.

Comment

My ex made a lot of false allegations about me in court, which of course made me soooo mad. I did the best thing I could do, which was proving him wrong.
                He accused me of neglecting their education. His proof? My rotten teenager did one project outline in red ink. Red ink!! Lol. My proof that I am not neglecting their education? Amazing report cards, awards for strength of character and letters from their teachers calling them role models for other students
                Keep everthing. It does make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by walshch View Post
                  Public Mischief is where someone has the Police (Peace Officer) enter into an investigation. False allegations in Family Court are the "other sides"' truth, and the other side is not having the police investigate, so Public Mischief wouldn't apply.
                  so if understand properly if someone got to police tell that that they was assaulter and threated to be killed. After police came to questioning and story did not confirm - nothing you can do? Not even parking ticket ? ))

Comment

Originally posted by MommaBear73 View Post
                    My ex made a lot of false allegations about me in court, which of course made me soooo mad. I did the best thing I could do, which was proving him wrong.
                    He accused me of neglecting their education. His proof? My rotten teenager did one project outline in red ink. Red ink!! Lol. My proof that I am not neglecting their education? Amazing report cards, awards for strength of character and letters from their teachers calling them role models for other students
                    Keep everthing. It does make a difference.
                    I understand that that made you mad. Made me mad too for 30 minutes. But I am talking about more serous stuff. Like assault, asking restrain order, some people go thru false sexual assault accusation what can completely destroy peoples lives...
                    Last edited by WorkingDAD; 03-25-2011, 10:26 AM.

Comment

MommaBear, keep taking the High Road as it looks like you're doing, and you will come out on top. Their credibility diminishes significantly with every BS allegation.

Comment

I know of a recent case where the lawyer should be awarded an academy award for "best in show"....He took all of the information that was provided as the person was being cooperative and turned everything around into lies. I can't believe that lawyers should be allowed to slam dunk men in court with lies and get away with it. Furthermore it is beyond my wild imagination how the judge allowed him to go on and on with his showboating......Needless to say the accused person can no longer go back into court unrepresented and now who wins in this case. I feel sorry and have a great deal of respect and sympathy for people who have to endure such a thing as "family court"......It is nothing but a farce.

Comment

Originally posted by walshch View Post
                          MommaBear, keep taking the High Road as it looks like you're doing, and you will come out on top. Their credibility diminishes significantly with every BS allegation.
                          Thank you I am trying, but as I am sure everyone on here knows, these things can get very emotional. We have a continuation of a previous case conference coming up. The Judge told us to settle things and pretty much laid out for my ex what he needed to do. Instead of following the Judge's suggestion the ex has taken this as a chance to try to change nearly the entire current divorce order including getting joint custody (he lives hours away, I've had sole for years and all we do is fight) dropping down the child support, putting a cap on it so regardless of when he gets a raise it never goes up, asking that he never has to show proof of income and that I agree to never involve the FRO as well as a bunch of other nonsense. He is accusing me of being difficult and not 'negotiating' as I said no.
                          He paid nothing for the first 2 years and has been paying less then what he's supposed to for the last 3 1/2. Part of me wants to go after it (more money for kids' RESP's) but part of me is so tired of all the BS I just want it all to end.
                          *sigh*

Comment

Public mischief? lol good luck. I know many a case where this should be done and it is not. Good luck to you though.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X