No announcement yet.

The suit against FRO moves forward part1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FRO is an agency out of control. As a quasi-judicial body they have been granted immense powers that they use abusively. I have been in court with them 6 or 7 times in the past couple of years. They have no qualms about disregarding court orders against them and twice I have had to bring contempt motions against them.

Comment

Just an update...
      paperwork is still going back and forth while we wait for the date. Looks like its going to get ugly though.(The EX always was that way so didnt expect differently though)

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
        Due to the negligence, were you in fact awarded punitive and exemplary damages
        What was awarded was only costs on the default hearing. Punitive will be addressing many more areas

Comment

Earlier in this thread some one commented on what they wondered what the recipients defence was.... while in good conscience and legally I dont think I can post it, but basically all she had to say was complain how she was so hard done by etc etc. All of which was factually lies. Not in any point did she directly address an item from the Statement of claim as to account for her actions. I just dont see her relavance on arguing the past when we are addressing what happened after the order expired.

Comment

Through all of our dealings there are many that we have talked to and on behalf of. One case I would like to bring to light here is of a dear friend of mine and former member here. BTW we share the same lawyer.

Another example of FRO arrogance.

The payor in this situation arbitrarily decided that he was not paying any support almost 2 yrs ago. And accordingly he fell into arrears to about 30G. Some how or other he got a stay of enforcement with out the recipient being a party too... His lawyer told the court we didnt think we had to. So 10 months ago they were in court over this and the recipient was given continued support. The endorsement was given to FRO but they claim they could not do anything until it was properly signed off. This finally happened in mar 2011. Now despite the stay FRO was still collecting paymentthrough garnishee, but not releasing them. So they are sitting on a pot of monies. In the March Order they refer to the arrears and that they be payable in 30 days. Well Apr 15 they are due. FRO is sitting on this money and has yet to contact the recipient about the release or any plans to.
            The lawyer is prepared to press Breach of contract against FRO. Just goes to show that arrogance doesnt pay I guess.

Comment

Well the paper work and letters etcs have been flying back and forth. Some one had asked earlier in this thread what the recipient had to say for herself in response to the Statement of Claim.

Frankly 14 pages of Bull....

Too much to post ver batim so I will try to sumarize it.

She basically claims that she was so hard done by and that she had to pay so much expenses for all the children.
              She feels the support for the oldest with a disability should still continue despite a No Jurisdiction order that states the initial order had expired as well.
              So she wants a full income disclosure for the years of 1992 all the way to 2011. (never mind that she was under order to provide same and never had.) She thinks there was money to be had that never was there. ie no income when you are homeless for 8 months. the years are full of such examples. but she denies that happened to him. She denies that the overpayment is $56G and is only $15. (she also thinks the motion should be dismissed)
              She is also choosing to ignore that the child with the disability has been on disability support for the past 12+ yrs making him self supportive. ( had she encouraged him more he also could have done more with school and work but was easier to just collect from everyone.)
              Also chooses to ignore that she has a good benifits package from her employment that covered the kids and that she also recieved donations from a variety of organizations for the bennifit of the childs medical issues. But she yet had to pay for all of this herself.... ????????? Have the newspaper articles as proof that she received.

So as you can see the direction her reply took. A pity story. It is amazing the fabrications that she tried to dig up from the past. I guess we somewhat expected that but her and her lawyer did very little to address the points raised in the statement of claim. I also wonder what her lawyer thinks now that the FACTS are starting to be told. I would love to be that fly on the wall but think I would have a hard time keeping quiet. I also wonder how she thinks she will be able to hide all. Guess by denial that people ie the Crown and the lawyers and courts will be able to find out quite a bit.

We still are waiting for the court date to be called but will keep all posted.

Comment

I just want to share with you another FRO-related experience.
                I spent about a month calling every two or three days to have information about how FRO applied the final order. Every time, the person who answered (named Odette) told me that she was unable to understand the figures in the file. I asked her to forward my request to her manager. She lied and lied; no manager called me back. She refused to provide me with a name for her manager. After all these calls, I told her I am going to file a complaint. Her answer: I've been here for only one month, your file is really difficult, I don't understand the calculations. Moreover, she was unable to formulate one correct sentence in French...

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                Working...
                X