Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitter Ex bombs law firm

Winnipeg police warn lawyers to watch their mail

What's the world coming to when innocent lawyers are being blown to bits by bitter ex's? I never thought that working at a law firm could be considered a high risk job?

Originally posted by Janibel View Post
    Winnipeg police warn lawyers to watch their mail

What's the world coming to when innocent lawyers are being blown to bits by bitter ex's? I never thought that working at a law firm could be considered a high risk job?
    There's been times at firm's I have worked at when we had to call the police to remove unwanted individuals. Not so much in terms of clients. That I can't think of an instance. But representatives of opposing clients I do distinctly remember. I recall being asked to make myself visible and hover near reception on a few occasions as there were people there that weren't supposed to be there and were causing our receptionist to be uneasy.

Comment

^^^No kidding, it would appear that "security" at law firms might be common place in the future. Here's another case this week in Quebec.

Two killed in Quebec law office shooting; linked to three other deaths - The Globe and Mail

Comment

I would question myself if I were employed in the most hated profession in the world.

Public Esteem for Military Still High | Pew Research Center

It is unfortunate but I guess this comes with the territory.

Comment

I'm actually surprised we don't hear a lot more of these tragedies in the news. The lawyers being shot or murder/suicides by people who have been destroyed by the system. The article about the Winnepeg attacker stated he had been in the courts regarding his divorce for "years". Not months but years. This goes in direct violation of the coroners recommendations from the Hadley murder-suicide. The coroner recommended that high conflict cases be "fast tracked" through the system to decrease stress and bring a quick resolution. Lingering on for years is so damaging... even to spouses without any mental health history...

Comment

I read before separation $3 million was siphoned out of the business account or some how went missing. The mad bomber was fighting for this money to be returned, but of course a dirty player had a plan. I guess because this was before separation it was both of theirs to spend.

What does that go to show you, Play the system and win or come out at least even. Have your lawyer use delay tactics and down right play back the system to screw you and win win win. Disgusting

It does,t take a lot of brains to do this and it,s acceptable as we see here every day in good old family court.

By the way I feel I must make it clear hurting others like this is just plain wrong and selfish, and goes no where. The pen is much mightier than the sword.

Comment

Working for criminals is always dangerous.

Comment

I do not support the bomber. However I cannot judge him too.

Please read this:
                Attorney and Firm is horrible and only looking for a paycheck. Does not control clients behavours and allows her Clients to do illegal things! Do not hire this firm!

It is taken hereMaria Mitousis - 5 Attorney Reviews & Ratings - LawyerRatingz.com

It is clear that the ratings #1 and 2 are truthful and ratings #3-5 are posted by the lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by FS-CV View Post

Please read this:
                  Attorney and Firm is horrible and only looking for a paycheck. Does not control clients behavours and allows her Clients to do illegal things! Do not hire this firm!

It is taken hereMaria Mitousis - 5 Attorney Reviews & Ratings - LawyerRatingz.com

It is clear that the ratings #1 and 2 are truthful and ratings #3-5 are posted by the lawyer.
                  ^^^Interesting, quite a gap of opinions there ... I wonder if the bomber himself was involved in any of these ratings?

Comment

Please read this:

And how does a lawyer control what their client does outside of the lawyers office? I mean, I'd like to know so I can work some of that magic on my client's whom I have to wait ages to get documents back from.

Let's be clear, lawyer's cannot control their clients. The client is just that, a client. The lawyer works for them and follows the clients instructions, so long as those instructions are not illegal or prohibited. The only thing a lawyer can do is fire the client if the client refuses to follow the lawyers advice or insists on the lawyer acting illegally or unethically.

IMO, while lawyers get a bad name, and some definitely deserve it, there are more bad clients than bad lawyers. And because there isn't much a lawyer can do to stop the clients from behaving poorly, it washes back on them.

And I think used car salesmen is more likely the least liked profession....lol

Edit - lol ..I love how the positive comments must be fake, but the negative comments are 100% for real.... or, could it be that all of them are real? Or the negative is just some butthurt opponent who got the short end of the stick from this lawyer in court.... I don't know. But I love the assumption that positive comments = fake. Negative = 100% honest truth.
                    Last edited by HammerDad; 07-07-2015, 10:44 AM.

Comment

some butthurt opponent who got the short end = "Court documents show a man accused of sending letter bombs to Winnipeg lawyers and his ex-wife has been in a decade-long battle with his former spouse that includes accusations of theft, impersonation and a wedding ring being flushed down a toilet.Police allege Guido Amsel, 49, became so enraged over perceived mistreatment at the hands of his former wife and lawyers who had been involved in the dispute, he sent explosive devices to their offices though Canada Post."
                      Divorce, money woes tied to alleged bomber

Comment

Because #3-5 are literate?
                        Start a discussion, not a fire. Post with kindness.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdreamy View Post
                          Because #3-5 are literate?
                          I suspect that the other comments were made by the bomber.

From the article provided above:

Court documents show a man accused of sending letter bombs to Winnipeg lawyers and his ex-wife has been in a decade-long battle with his former spouse that includes accusations of theft, impersonation and a wedding ring being flushed down a toilet.
                          A highly conflicted person will first try to defame / harm someone on the internet by writing blogs and posting comments about them on sites. When that fails they may escalate to other acts.

Suffice to say, online reviews are not generally trustworthy.

Good Luck!
                          Tayken

Comment

I would like to correct Tayken
                            A highly conflicted person will first try to defame / harm someone
                            in the family court documents and only after on the internet etc.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                            Working...
                            X