Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so we're all here .... a lot of us bitching about the same things. HOW DO WE CHANGE THIS FKD UP SYSTEM.... protest, start a new legal advice system, string the system along for years....What??? write thousands of letters to parliement.... what can we do. I figure the longer I take in my case, the better off I will be. self Repped... for a while it works. even if I lose the odd one in court for costs... I'm still ahead. but its all BS. so How do we change gthis system?<!

Comment

Our web site (Canadian Families for Law Reform) has lots of links, forms and email addresses. You can help by filing complaints to the law society to media and/or to members of parliment. Have a look

Comment

The system is certainly broken and provides avenues for people to take advantage of the system, but no-one forces the individuals to take advantage of the system, they make a personal choice to do so. The system needs to be streamlined and allow for quicker access to the Courts, I would prefer to have a small jury rule on my family law matters rather than a single person. Because men are still typically the primary income earner, this doesn't make a man incompetent or inferior as a primary caregiver.

Comment

Thanks for your input. It is a real disaster for some families. The adversarial approach of trial does not work. It leads to winners and losers. The families lose the lawyers win and often one partner or the other is devistated. Terrible outcomes.
          I had a brain fart on my last post. I meant to say Canadians for Family Law Reform. There is a web site and a face book page. I saw the guy who runs the face book page tonight while we were grocery shopping. AS to join our group on face book. Lots of activity in Sarnia. A real circus. They know we are around. We stay within the laws and are respectful. Good bunch make up of men and women fighting to get out of the quagmire of Family court. We have assisted many in firing there lawyers, self reping and promote mediation as much as we can. They will bleed you dry then move on to the next unsuspecting victim.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X