This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum Dreams

So even though I think I'm adjusting well to the wrench life (and my ex) has thrown at me, I'm still occasionally plagued by insomnia and nightmares. My nightmares are not scary-wake-up-terrified bad dreams, but I dream disturbing things that leave me still feeling angry, or annoyed, or lonely, etc when I wake up.

I had one this morning, in which I dreamt that the ex refused to sign over the house to me as agreed, and instead I came home from work one day to discover he'd renovated the basement to make an apartment for himself in my house. And then he held a housewarming party and all our formerly mutual friends (who have said they'll remain friends with both of us except that reality is proving that he's easier to hang out with because I'm stuck at home with the kids and he's not) attended and nobody thought there was anything the least bit inappropriate about this. And I had to throw food at them to convince them to leave so I could log onto this forum to complain.

So I figured that to assert control over my subconscious, I'd better log onto the forum and complain! I think this dream is either telling me I need to get this divorce signed and over with, or that I'm spending too much time on the forum.

Your dreams are tame!

Rio,
    You are not alone struggling with emotional turmoil that comeswith the nonsense of breaking up.

Comment

Many people have this problem, and some resort to all kinds of substances or activities to help them with their issues.

Venting on a forum is probably one of the least damaging therapies to a person's body and mind. At least you know there are others who know what you are going through, and that may give you relief.

My dreams were much more graphic and violent. I always felt like I was being kicked or stabbed.

Comment

Somewhat Sleeping Sickness...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xiq0IiGilXE&ob=av2n

Comment

A dream is just a dream. It's a reflection of your stress and your concerns but I wouldn't read too much into it. Dream interpretation is kind of a flaky thing. As long as you have a lawyer or you know how to handle your interests in court it's doubtful your ex can just get the house out from under you (notice he was in the basement?)

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X