Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Parenting Issues

Parenting Issues This forum is for discussing any of the parenting issues involved in your divorce, including parenting of step-children.

Old 08-12-2019, 08:40 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Update. Mom has been arrested for having 11 stolen firearms and failure to comply with probation. Her boyfriend is currently on the run from police. CAS and police have advised me that even though she is out on probation, for the time being she should have no access to our daughter for safety reasons.
Old 08-12-2019, 09:19 PM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

I’m so sorry to hear about that for your daughter. Sucks for her. Hope you have the resources to get her some help.
Old 08-13-2019, 03:46 AM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Great, be sure to only agree to supervise access to the mother after the fact.

Not going to advise on how to address your child questions and concerns they may have as I am more than confident that you are more than capable of doing so in a child focused manner as a father.

Last edited by tunnelight; 08-13-2019 at 03:56 AM.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:34 PM

gettingexpensive is on a distinguished road

Wow. You're making my ex seem like an angel. Definitely follow the recommendations from CAS, this will give a nice break to your daughter.

Was your ex always like this? Or is there some mental illness that creep up overtime and divorce was like a grenade for them?
Old 08-14-2019, 11:03 AM

Janus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireweb13 View Post
Update. Mom has been arrested for having 11 stolen firearms and failure to comply with probation. Her boyfriend is currently on the run from police. CAS and police have advised me that even though she is out on probation, for the time being she should have no access to our daughter for safety reasons.
Is this advice in writing by any chance?
Old 08-16-2019, 01:00 PM

fireweb13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to fireweb13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janus View Post
Is this advice in writing by any chance?
Thank you Janus, currently there are no scheduled visits until the end of July, but I am working actively with CAS to figure out a solution. Right now the worker is on holidays, but the worker taking over the case has removed her 6 year old son from her care and they said they would advise me as Monday once the normal worker gets back. Since there is considerable time between visits it works out ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettingexpensive View Post
Wow. You're making my ex seem like an angel. Definitely follow the recommendations from CAS, this will give a nice break to your daughter.

Was your ex always like this? Or is there some mental illness that creep up overtime and divorce was like a grenade for them?
My ex has serious mental health issues that never get properly addressed. The hard thing is dealing with the mental health issues compassionately while still protecting out daughter. There are times my ex and I can chat for hours and be very good together, but there is always this dark side to her and when she is on the low side of things it gets very dark. One of the issues is that when things are on the up side, rules get relaxed but there is no real safety net put into place for when things go on the downward slope.
We went 9 years of me trying to fight for custody until things went downhill so far that we had tactical police in the hallways outside the courtroom when the judge finally ordered the change.

Now the years of trying to help our daughter overcome the trauma that she has witnessed. Its a long road ahead.