Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:25 AM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road

Oh and for further reference tunnelight: my current partner pays over $800/month in CS. He got fucked HARD by his ex with access for the first two years after their separation. You know how he got out of litigation and got her to consent to a final order so he could see his daughter regularly? He offered her more money than he is supposed to pay in CS. And just like that she agreed to him having overnights, weekday access, and full weekends. So I fully understand how some CS recipients can be pieces of shit. His experience has given me perspective from both sides.

Anyways, back on topic-

I have all my material prepared to file, just need to make copies. And I might pop in to see advice counsel at the courthouse next week just to have someone look over everything one final time. I will post updates as this moves forward.

Last edited by Selfrepmom; 08-14-2019 at 09:37 AM.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:58 PM

tunnelight has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfrepmom View Post
especially for men who are looking to change access schedules and custody.
Yeah I'm not very good in child support matters. I mean otherwise I wouldn't be legitimately paying no child support right now :/ That's why you should ignore what I said and move forward with Arabians advice. Not that an affidavit from a 3rd party someone who's not even a party to the proceedings would even matter.. nor that your ex would have a right to challenge and cross examine them at a trial.

Last edited by tunnelight; 08-16-2019 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2019, 06:51 AM

Mom 2 Two is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selfrepmom View Post
Oh and for further reference tunnelight: my current partner pays over $800/month in CS. He got fucked HARD by his ex with access for the first two years after their separation. You know how he got out of litigation and got her to consent to a final order so he could see his daughter regularly? He offered her more money than he is supposed to pay in CS. And just like that she agreed to him having overnights, weekday access, and full weekends. So I fully understand how some CS recipients can be pieces of shit. His experience has given me perspective from both sides.

Anyways, back on topic-

I have all my material prepared to file, just need to make copies. And I might pop in to see advice counsel at the courthouse next week just to have someone look over everything one final time. I will post updates as this moves forward.

Good luck!! Hope it goes well.. let us know your update when you have it. Someone else posted about not being able to speak to duty counsel anymore because of the cutbacks to legal aid. I hope you still can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2019, 06:53 AM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom 2 Two View Post
Good luck!! Hope it goes well.. let us know your update when you have it. Someone else posted about not being able to speak to duty counsel anymore because of the cutbacks to legal aid. I hope you still can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ya I actually just read that somewhere else too.