What does my CS cover in my home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by standing on the sidelines View Post
    A court will not force her to move back with the child..the ship has sailed on that. If you would of done that when she first moved then you would of had more or a chance.

You knew when she moved that it would be difficult and inconvenient but you did not stop it.

Yup. Status quo of the child living down there has been established. What is most likely going to happen is that you will get the EOW and the lions share of the school breaks. Allowing the move originally, given the situation with the other child, screwed you.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
      Uggg..... I didn't realize there is another child in the mix and you share custody.
      I did not realize it either. This case is a disaster.

Comment

bcgooddad:

I would suggest that you do some independent research on previously decided cases on CanLii

Here is one for an example: https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/do...resultIndex=10

here is another one:

https://www.canlii.org/en/bc/bcsc/do...&resultIndex=1

If you get on to CanLii and put in your province and then Superior Court ... you then put in key words in the "document" area. Play with this and you will see many cases. Some may be similar to yours. This way you can see how a judge might view your situation.

Comment

Originally posted by HammerDad View Post
          Yup. Status quo of the child living down there has been established. What is most likely going to happen is that you will get the EOW and the lions share of the school breaks. Allowing the move originally, given the situation with the other child, screwed you.

Screwed him. Yes...but maybe it was good for the child at the time? Having a young kid- I’ve really seen the benefit of having good responsible grandparents nearby for childcare.

OP- I give you credit if the move was in the best interest of your kid- and her mom. If her mom is able to further her education that will be better for your daughter in the long run.

If I were you I would offer 1 weekend a month as your daughter is young but not that young. That’s a long time in the car if you drive. And like Hammer dad says- the majority of school breaks. AND build in a clause that allows review every two years without the requirement of a “material change in circumstance”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
          Working...
          X