Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

New posts


  Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Financial Issues

Financial Issues This forum is for discussing any of the financial issues involved in your divorce.

Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2016, 12:05 PM
rockscan rockscan is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 5,873
rockscan will become famous soon enoughrockscan will become famous soon enough

They dont calculate those amounts. When you file your taxes you claim daycare and THAT benefit is what comes off. Do a mock tax return with her info (if you have an old return of hers enter the income info) and then enter the daycare amount and see the return then take the daycare amount out and see the return. The difference in those amounts is the tax benefit that comes off the total.

If her mother is providing a receipt to her then its claimed. If youre concerned about it then contact the cra snitch line to report her as failing to report income.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 02:56 PM
blinkandimgone's Avatar
blinkandimgone blinkandimgone is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Lucknow
Posts: 5,411
blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

You are only required to pay a proportionate share of expenses for daycare required for her employment. If you were previously paying $250 for full-time care and it has been reduced to only before and after school care it is reasonable to expect a substantial reduction in daycare costs.

Extended daycare programs through the school cost an average of $11-14 for either before or after school care per child, so between 22-28$ per day for before and after school care.

Also remember to prorate the expenses to take into account summer, march break and xmas holidays where the kids are with the parents rather than in daycare.

Crunch the numbers and figure out how many days on average the kid should require care, whether EDP or a private daycare would be less. Either way, the cost should drop when no longer in full time care.

With a mock up return with her numbers, you should be able to figure out the actual out of pocket expense for care and determine your proportionate share of that.

Once you do that, yoi can decide if it is worth the time and money to seek a motion to change.
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post Secondary Education Ginger_Mallow Divorce & Family Law 39 12-11-2012 09:18 PM
Child Tax Benefit and Child Support dad43 Financial Issues 1 05-08-2011 11:30 AM
new here & need advice Please??? momofnl Divorce & Family Law 4 03-25-2007 02:36 PM
bigamy? lost in relation Divorce & Family Law 1 10-22-2006 09:45 AM
Mobility clause/access and custody out of province JohnnyV Parenting Issues 12 05-14-2006 07:05 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:03 PM.