Requesting phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting phone calls

How frequent should this be done? every 2 - 3 days? Is there any added benefit to this if it creates unnecessary stress, i.e., proposed time not working with OP or OP not accommodating the call for the time requested, child being eager to get off phone, etc.

My other question is, Are phone calls helpful to the case of expanding access ? I know regular phone calls can be good but are they really necessary when you see your child at least once a week?

Originally posted by trinton View Post
    How frequent should this be done? every 2 - 3 days? Is there any added benefit to this if it creates unnecessary stress, i.e., proposed time not working with OP or OP not accommodating the call for the time requested, child being eager to get off phone, etc.

My other question is, Are phone calls helpful to the case of expanding access ? I know regular phone calls can be good but are they really necessary when you see your child at least once a week?
    There is no steadfast rule. The recommendation I see Section 30 (expensive ones) advise is that no child should go nine (9) days without some form of access to the other parent.

Comment

I would just ask for phone calls and documented it to prove the other parent doesn't give a crap. Otherwise you are just feeding into the power trip of the custodial parent.

Comment

Originally posted by Links17 View Post
        I would just ask for phone calls and documented it to prove the other parent doesn't give a crap. Otherwise you are just feeding into the power trip of the custodial parent.

She loves the power trips. She takes every chance at firing accusations against me to lower my self esteem and make herself feel better about her self. Let it be accusing me of bringing child hungry Not doing reading or writing or not brushing the teeth or bathing the child any just about anything that she can possibly accuse me of. Why am I even surprised of my child getting disparaged being confused and having behavioural issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Stop whining....

Of course she is doing these things. Do you expect your enemies to rub your belly and feed you sour patch kids....

My ex-wife tells me these stupid things, I tell her to feed them extra and come over at night to brush their teeth, stupid answers to stupid people

Comment

I don't imagine getting the child their own cell phone would help? Ex would just control that?

Ex calls our daughters almost every single night (for five years now). He calls the daughter's cell so we don't have to have contact.

If you can arrange it, keep trying. They notice and comment if he doesn't call. It is not a long conversation but at least they hear his voice, know he cares and can say goodnight.

I am sorry on your behalf. It took me some time to be able to lose my anger and focus on the kids' needs with their father. Hopefully with time your ex will soften. Just keep trying.

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
            Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
            Working...
            X