No announcement yet.

Vaccinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parents of toddler who died of meningitis used home remedies rather than consult doctor, court hears - Calgary - CBC News

A very sad story of a needless death of a child. I hope your ex grows a brain very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
      I am pretty sure some parents just recently ended up convicted and I jail because they failed to provide proper medical help for their child who died.

Take her to task over this. I am sure in this current legal environment a parent who refuses to maintain appropriate medical treatment for a child would loose a least control over health related decisions for the children.
      She has promised to "make my life hell" if I got it done, but it already is! Lol

I know the story of the parent who went to jail, it helps my case big time

Comment

Another reason to focus on protecting your child... and put the new g/f on the back burner.

Comment

Originally posted by arabian View Post
          Another reason to focus on protecting your child... and put the new g/f on the back burner.
          Lonely advice, but excellent advice!

Thanks for the slap in the face reality check. Needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Acadia71 View Post
            I kid you not!

I have a real mess on my hands. Never assume or hope someone will "snap out of it" because they won't.
            One of the things that may bite you in the ass is having accepted this throughout your marriage without taking anyvsteps to change it which signals your consent.

Comment

Originally posted by blinkandimgone View Post
              One of the things that may bite you in the ass is having accepted this throughout your marriage without taking anyvsteps to change it which signals your consent.
              Agreed, and that worries me. She always threatened to leave if I got them vaccinated and for some reason I was dumb enough to convince myself that we were better off as a happy family and it wasn't worth the battle. Obviously the risk still existed but I chose to ignore it.
              My lawyer says that judges tend to side with medical evidence so that helps a lot, hopefully it works out.

Comment

No it's just a domineering partner you have tried to work with and keep your family together. You never agreed, just was trying to work it out as a reasonable adult. She is the crazy one who will not realize it's in the child's best interest to get children vaccinated.

Keep. Diary of all the illnesses your children have been held back with.

Never, never back down from your children health and well being. Your stbx or ex, not sure what your current status is, should not be Llowed to put other children at risk. People who refuse to get their children vaccinated put all the other children they come into contact with at risk. There have been outbreaks of Polio and other infections which we had assumed were long gone And all because their are children who, have not been vaccinated.

My daughter's school gave notice to all children without current vaccinations that they will be refused school. 2016. catholic school board policy

Comment

Originally posted by Beachnana View Post
                  No it's just a domineering partner you have tried to work with and keep your family together. You never agreed, just was trying to work it out as a reasonable adult. She is the crazy one who will not realize it's in the child's best interest to get children vaccinated.

Keep. Diary of all the illnesses your children have been held back with.

Never, never back down from your children health and well being. Your stbx or ex, not sure what your current status is, should not be Llowed to put other children at risk. People who refuse to get their children vaccinated put all the other children they come into contact with at risk. There have been outbreaks of Polio and other infections which we had assumed were long gone And all because their are children who, have not been vaccinated.

My daughter's school gave notice to all children without current vaccinations that they will be refused school. 2016. catholic school board policy
                  I agree with getting kids vaccinated. However your statement doesn't make sense. The reason a child is vaccinated is to protect them if they come into contact with the disease. Maybe I am misunderstanding something. If a vaccinated child can still catch the disease then what would be the use in vaccinations?

Comment

Community Immunity ("Herd Immunity")
                    Vaccines can prevent outbreaks of disease and save lives.

When a critical portion of a community is immunized against a contagious disease, most members of the community are protected against that disease because there is little opportunity for an outbreak. Even those who are not eligible for certain vaccines—such as infants, pregnant women, or immunocompromised individuals—get some protection because the spread of contagious disease is contained. This is known as "community immunity."

In the illustration below, the top box depicts a community in which no one is immunized and an outbreak occurs. In the middle box, some of the population is immunized but not enough to confer community immunity. In the bottom box, a critical portion of the population is immunized, protecting most community members.

The principle of community immunity applies to control of a variety of contagious diseases, including influenza, measles, mumps, rotavirus, and pneumococcal disease.

Illustration of Community Immunity (also known as “herd” immunity)

Credit: NIAID

Comment

^ you mean your granddaughter right?

Comment

Sorry yes The school my grandchild attends sent a letter home to all parents, through the local,health district.

Comment

Just get the kids vaccinated. A judge will be hard pressed to go against the government issued vaccination schedule. Remember judges will not order anything that goes against our general health care system (or education system). They won't disrupt or create jurisprudence that may look like something that is government is "wrong". So, if your kids are not up to date on their vaccinations get it done and move on. Let the other parent be crazy and try to explain to a judge why vaccinations are "evil". They will just look like idiots and give the judge some things to ponder when determining "custody".

Good Luck!
                          Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                          Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                          Working...
                          X