This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Affidavit of Service question

I am serving the Respondent the court documents at my home. I'm not travelling to serve him, but I did incurr costs of serving him since I had to make several photocopies and have stuff sworn at the courthouse. Can I put in 15.00 for a fee of serving the documents even though I didn't travel anywhere to serve him? THANKS!!

dickstacie,

I think that it meant if you have to pay for a process server or cost of sending by courier etc. However as you mentioned you did incur costs.

15 dollars is a very reasonable amount.

lv

Comment

Change of Service

I thought I'd throw a question on this thread, since it's opened

When I file a Motion and want to make a request to change the method of service to registered mail, do I have to serve that Motion to the Defendant too? I ask because the last time I filed a Motion for a change in the Method of Service, the Judge seemed put off that I hadn't served the Defendant Which seems defeating. Maybe I just did it wrong. Can I do this as a Desk Consent?

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
      Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
      Working...
      X