Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce & Family Law

Divorce & Family Law This forum is for discussing any of the legal issues involved in your divorce.

Old 05-05-2015, 06:45 PM

The Iceberg is on a distinguished road

What makes me extremely angry is, when my ex has a BF, then she don't even care how much time the kid is with her, but when she gets used and left, she calls a few times per day (to talk to child) and fight for every day of custody with me.

Ad talking about Floyd....lol....she would kick her own ass and give me full custody for those $160M that he took home.

He is 48-0 and is 1 win away to reach rocky marciano's accomplishment.

Also i read next one will be his last fight. IDK why. maybe the rules...both rocky and him to stop at 49-0...
Old 05-05-2015, 07:03 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

You should set up your boundaries and revert to email messages which are specifically regarding your child.

I recall some people on here have suggested that when they receive an email or message from ex they assess it: a) urgent and requires your immediate response - that would be severe illness/hospitalization and b) important but not urgent - you can get back to her the next day and c) stupid shit - you ignore.

Carrying on a day-in-day-out dialogue with your ex is simply co-dependent behaviour and no good for either of you. Yes you have a child with a serious medical condition but you have to keep your boundaries and not get sucked into each other's drama.

Ignore is a good thing.
Old 05-05-2015, 07:28 PM
Hand of Justice

Links17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
What makes me extremely angry is,
Don't be an idiot and get angry. The fact you CARE what your ex does (and/or most other things outside of your control) shows you haven't figured out what's going on.
Old 05-06-2015, 12:05 PM

Oh I wish I could look for legal aid lawyer on kijiji now.

Legal aid appointed one to me again. if anyone wants some laughts I will write more details but this lawyer besides having no experience, has a severe English language barrier. This is something I never heard of before. "5 years" experience in India and several weeks in Canada. She forgot to leave me her phone number where I can reach her back when she left me a voice-mail. "Hi icberg, legal aid send apoint and I thinks you easy case..........

I swear Im going self rep if I don't get another one.

After I somehow explained that I will send a report to change, to remove her because I wanna search on my own, she said OK if you change you call me after 1 months to making draft...wtf???

She woud never fire me no matter what I say. I think Im her first and only client.

Last edited by The Iceberg; 05-06-2015 at 12:08 PM. Reason: spell
Old 05-06-2015, 12:18 PM

LawHelp is on a distinguished road

LOL...this is absolutely ridiculous!!! Legal aid sucks!
Old 05-06-2015, 12:23 PM

arabian will become famous soon enough

Why don't you just call a few law firms and ask which family lawyers are currently accepting legal aid certificates?

Just make sure the one you hire has experience with family law (not criminal or injury ambulance chaser).
Old 05-06-2015, 12:36 PM

Janibel will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Iceberg View Post
Oh I wish I could look for legal aid lawyer on kijiji now.

Legal aid appointed one to me again. if anyone wants some laughts I will write more details but this lawyer besides having no experience, has a severe English language barrier. This is something I never heard of before. "5 years" experience in India and several weeks in Canada. She forgot to leave me her phone number where I can reach her back when she left me a voice-mail. "Hi icberg, legal aid send apoint and I thinks you easy case..........

You no like me Englitch speak? Honestly by the sounds of it, you would be better off self-repping - I'm sure you could manage to do way better than her lol! Several weeks in Canada? how reassuring (not).

''I thinks you easy money ....."
Old 05-06-2015, 12:49 PM
Banned

serendipitous is on a distinguished road

Iceberg.....people don't just come to Canada and start working in a regulated profession. I don't know where you are getting this idea from, but you are way out to lunch if you think this is the case.

A temp SIN # that starts with a '9', is always a yellow flag for any job, let alone professional ones. As for people not speaking English the way you expect it.....well, am sure most born and bred Canadian in both official languages are in no position to speak really if dealing with Brits or France French speakers. I mean there are people here in this country that can barely speak considering being born in Canada.

It's not uncommon for bigots to see a visible minority, and before the person opens their mouth....they are being yelled at, and being leaned towards to convey something, only for the moron doing it realizing that the person can actually speak English better than them. I am sure you know what am speaking of....you might have seen it.

It's quite comical watching people do this due to the assumption that because a person looks different, they must have come from somewhere else where English / French is not spoken.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabian View Post
Why don't you just call a few law firms and ask which family lawyers are currently accepting legal aid certificates?

Just make sure the one you hire has experience with family law (not criminal or injury ambulance chaser).
Thats what I did until they suddenly appointed one to me.
Old 05-06-2015, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipitous View Post
Iceberg.....people don't just come to Canada and start working in a regulated profession. I don't know where you are getting this idea from, but you are way out to lunch if you think this is the case.

A temp SIN # that starts with a '9', is always a yellow flag for any job, let alone professional ones. As for people not speaking English the way you expect it.....well, am sure most born and bred Canadian in both official languages are in no position to speak really if dealing with Brits or France French speakers. I mean there are people here in this country that can barely speak considering being born in Canada.

It's not uncommon for bigots to see a visible minority, and before the person opens their mouth....they are being yelled at, and being leaned towards to convey something, only for the moron doing it realizing that the person can actually speak English better than them. I am sure you know what am speaking of....you might have seen it.

It's quite comical watching people do this due to the assumption that because a person looks different, they must have come from somewhere else where English / French is not spoken.
It has nothing to do with majority minority shit. I don't know how this so called lawyer became a lawyer in Canada because in my opinion no one will accept her. I doubt that they bring lawyers on working visa but this woman is older and although she somehow managed to pass law school she surely miserably fails in speaking English doing her job combo.

And its comical how some people jump in and conclude something has to do with looks, homeland, color, hair-color, eye-color etc. The fact is this person has no experience and no knowledge.

BTW, I am not born Canadian either and have been through a lot but why would I explain it to you?