This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to quiet tweets ?

"best interests of the child" is materialized as court order 50/50 access up front unless good reason why not ( like domestic violence - if so establish guidelines with 50/50 possible after 'n' year(s) ).

grab a glass of your favorite Zinfandel or hooch if you must and browse the family law act on gc site - then ponder the following statements :

#1 flaw with family law

its written for a couple getting married - whom can agree on decisions ,
    not for a couple getting divorced, therefore its basis is how the court is to make decisions based on argumentive discussion on why 90/10 or other access is best interests of the children.

tweet : this devastates family$.

#2 flaw with family law

its easily integrated with our worst qualities like 'prejudice'

tayken - take a sabbatical and get off the internet for awhile, try sitting in a court room with the rest of us and listen with an open mind why Family Law is tweet "failing Familys".

Last edited by pokeman; 11-14-2012, 12:06 AM. Reason: spelling - better wording etc as usual

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
      Momforever: I am witnessing the 'opposite syndrome' happening. Ever since ex paying ORDERED amt of CS thru FRO - he hasn't seen child. I suspect, based on past comments I've heard from my son (that he's heard dad's wife say) that wife is of the mind: screw it, if "we" are paying 'x' dollars per month, we are not having him here and spending more $$.
      Hadenough- That made me incredibly sad I do not understand how people can treat not only children, but their own children this way. Bf pays his ex full CS, and next summer it is going to basically double because of the new job. While I can understand it can get frustrating paying full CS and then having to buy extras for the EOW house (I know this is not your case!), but for someone to put off seeing their child so they do not have the spend more money? That is sickening. We have the kids EOW and yes it does costs us usually over $50 extra a weekend because we choose to do at least one fun activity a weekend, be it going out for a meal, visiting a museum, bowling, whatever... point is, how can he put a price on his child?

It really is unfortunate his new partner is the way she is. Being a new partner, I realize it is not always easy, but I also know, that when you are the new partner, you are well aware of past commitments, like the child. I could not imagine pushing my bfs children aside. They are part of who we are as a couple and from day one were openly accepted as part of my whole family. Every year our big family Christmas (on my side) is planned on the weekend we have the children. I suppose not everyone realizes how important children are and some of those who have children of their own, often don't realize how lucky they are... it is those who are unable to have children, for whatever reason, that know just how lucky parents actually are.

Sorry your son has to go through that. One day Dad will regret it, but by that time it may be too late.

Comment

BF: since I last wrote, ex has sent me a text saying ALL weekends are cancelled effective immediately (including "the week of Christmas") and that he is cutting off S14's phone. He already hasn't seen him since Aug. 2 minutes after I rec'd the txt, S14 got a msg on his phone that he ("dad") wouldn't be seeing him for "awhile" and that maybe when he moves out ("away from your mother") we can get together and fix our relationship(??)

SICK. This abandon of access has taken place ever since he was forced to pay more CS. He (father) is pathetic. Hopelessly pathetic. I have not spoken to him in years, and don't plan on ever speaking to him. I have not prevented him from any access or contact w/S14. This is a choice he made and his attempt to blame me (to S14 via the text) was completely unsuccessful. I did not even respond to the msg he sent me. I refuse to engage this lunatic.

BF, your situation is likely the exception and not the norm. Hopefully as you go on, and perhaps have children of your own, you will never have to go through what some of us do. I'm in my mid 40's and trust me when I say, this is not how I wanted to live my life, or for my son to go through this bullshit.

He appears to be fine, btw. Sounds strange, I know but that is my observation based on our discussions and the relationship we have, which is good.

I'm not going to post on here what the txt msgs were verbatim, but I can promise you that anyone reading what ex sent to me and to S14 would be thoroughly disgusted.

Comment

I would agree that our situation is not the norm and it is shameful it is not the norm. People split up, it happens for whatever reason, but to take what happened between two adults and put the children in the middle is absolutely unacceptable (in my opinion).

It does not sound strange to me that your son is okay... kids know more than we as adults realize, they are smarter than we think. I am sure your son knew a long time ago, that his days with Dad were limited and it is best for him that he came to terms with that and has chosen to move on. My Dad's parents split when he was young, he spent many, many, many years (and still does on occasion) trying to please his parents. I didn't really realize when I was younger, but as my sister and I got into our teenage years, you could really see the defeat on my Dads face when his parents let him down again. Hopefully your son does not have to feel that defeat and knows no matter what, his mother will be there.

Comment

Thanks Berner.. Dad is looking pretty bad here and there's no defending it. I imagine S14 is disappointed but for the most part he now sees for himself, what a tragic and piss-poor excuse his father truly is.

He even laughs about some of it! I told him that this is not funny at all, as I don't want him ever treating anyone this way. He refers to the father as a "drama queen" and has commented that dad is very "immature" - that he reminds him of how some of the girls in Grade 8 or 9 behave.

Yup. Those are direct quotes.

We will manage as best we can. He's a great kid. He deserves so much more of a dad than what he's got. I will not engage in any attempt at reasoning with the ex. He is a complete waste of time and energy.

Comment

Originally posted by pokeman View Post
              grab a glass of your favorite Zinfandel or hooch if you must and browse the family law act on gc site - then ponder the following statements.
              Not sure what "family law act" on the Government of Canada website you are eluding to. The only Federal Act that I am aware of regarding family law is the Divorce Act.

Divorce Act

Canadian family law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good Luck!
              Tayken

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
              Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
              Working...
              X