This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I still read these boards.

It's for the HUGE reality check that is thrust upon me, and others.

An alternate point of view is just Golden.

I totally agree. This online forum of strangers has put so much in perspective for me. I cannot properly describe in words what/how all the different points of view(s) has opened my eyes and ears.

Comment

Ditto here!Watching people spiral into emotional abyss has been an almighty wake up call.I had been putting my life on hold in many ways while dealing with the mess,Now I'm not just planning for the future ,I'm working towards it.Used to think my ex was something special in his warped version of reality-turns out tons of us married one of them!Im not alone! Yippeeee!

Comment

It's nice to know everyone (or almost everyone) has a similar situation, or has an ex that really thinks they are above the law, or just a place to come and vent when something stupid happens. the advice is priceless and some of the stories well.........we've all ready them

Comment

While my battle with my ex is long over and I came through unscathed I come here daily to learn, and learn I did.

The information that is available here onsite is more valuable then anything else I ever came across in my battle and it was free. Now of course I did not take everything as gospel but most everything i learned here was correct and accurate.

While no expert in family law I sure know way more now then I did 4 years ago and it has helped me immensely and believe it or not has even allowed me to help a few friends too.

Very sorry that most everyone here has had to go through such misery with there ex's but I am so grateful for all your help.

Comment

Agreed, this forum changed my life almost as much as my divorce itself did. Not always for the better, but there it is lol.

Comment

I find it very interesting to read about how people's views on traditional gender roles haven't changed much from the 60's. There is more politically correct language but basically there exists a view that a person that stays home with children instead of pursuing a career is worthless in terms of entitlement of SS in many people's minds. Also find it interesting to read about how much money everyone spends with lawyers (in many cases more than the couple's net worth).

Comment

The information of these boards was invaluable to me at the time of my separation.

The recommended books and other's experiences paved the way for me to educate myself on what was best not only for our son...but us as well. Leading to a successful separation agreement and divorce done almost entirely by ourselves. = very little $$$ spent on lawyers.

Granted, we were both reasonable and amicable with each other through the whole process and neither of us had unfair expectations of the other or any sense of entitlement. We also had (and still have) the best interests of our son at the forefront of everything we do.

I still come here because I find it amazing just how much a bit of education in this whole process can change the outcome for many people.

I still come here because I constantly recommend this site to others who are going thru the same process.

I still come here because I hope, here and there, I can provide solid advice that truly makes a difference.

I still come here hoping, and praying, that someday the posts about "I gave her custody because...", or "I can only be a parent EOW because..." will have ceased to exist. I hope and pray that people start to understand they start from a place of 50/50...no more...no less. That children have a right to see and be raised by "both" parents equally.

Comment

I have been viewing this site for over a year. It helped me find my feet, realize I wasn't alone and move forward.

I still come back because I value what I learned and hope I can also help others. I am still learning more and want to be prepared as the roller coaster is never really over when dealing with certain parties. There has to be some use to all the information I have learned over the years that cost me a ton of $$. .

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                  Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                  Working...
                  X