Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 12:46 PM

blinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the roughblinkandimgone is a jewel in the rough

I don't believe he needs her permission to go to counselling with his kids to work on their relationship. Depending on their agreement, she may need to give the ok for him to obtain counselling or other services for the child on their own, but he shouldn't be required to get her ok on joint counselling for himself and the kids.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:13 PM

CCB is on a distinguished road

I asked my psychologists office and with joint custody they require the permission of both parents. I wish he could take them for counselling, but that might have to come from the court if the alientation issues get addressed...if we're lucky. The courts in Nova Scotia are farther behind the times than the other provinces. They're still very biased toward the mother being the primary caregiver with EOW and Wednesday night Dads.
Closed Thread