Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > Divorce Support

Divorce Support This forum is for discussing the emotional aspects of divorce: stress, anger, betrayal of trust and more.

Old 04-30-2019, 04:25 PM

rockscan will become famous soon enough

Yes but theres a difference between communication and MEANINGFUL ENGAGEMENT.

My partners lawyer pointed out the difference. You can send hundreds of texts and emails that contribute nothing and two emails that accomplish everything. If he is open to discussing with no resolution that is child focused, the communication means nothing.

He used mediation as an example. The ex was banging her drum about mediation, she asked repeatedly, he disagreed etc. The lawyer and the judge both pointed out, it wasn’t a meaningful request because she did not offer a reasonable solution to reach.

Your ex can say “lets keep talking” but you have asked for a decision because it is needed. The time for talking is over.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:42 AM

iona6656 is on a distinguished road

Well, I asked extra extra nicely on OFW. That didn't work.

Then I sent a request to ex- and copied the clinic asking him to provide an answer to the clinic so we can move ahead with booking the appointment.

Then I sent an uber nice message on OFW saying that we should speak to our co-parent counsellor about this again- and try to reach a resolution, because I strongly feel it's in D2's best interest to at least inquire further- and if he didn't want to respond then it was something I would be willing to ask the courts to intervene on- in advance of further litigation. Meaning- I'm going to bring a motion to get this done.

And yesterday he emailed the clinic and we have a date booked in June.

He sent a text in advance saying he would provide an answer. I sent him an OFW message thanking him. And yes- it does make it look like we can get along. I'm aware of that.

I'll continue to be extra nice (although inside I find it completely galling and fake tbh). But whatever, my pride can take a backseat to D2's needs here.
Old 05-02-2019, 11:32 AM

Selfrepmom is on a distinguished road

Good news is you got the appointment booked without paying your lawyer/spending more time in court. I’ve been having to check my pride at the door a lot recently but without results .... hopefully your ex will begin to realize how much easier it is to just work together on this stuff and not play head games