Ottawa Divorce .com Forums

User CP

Advertising

Ottawa Divorce .com Forums > Main Category > General Chat

General Chat This forum is for discussing anything that doesn't fit into another forum, or for discussing things that are off topic, or just for general venting.

Closed Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 PM

Nadia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayken View Post

Nothing is ever "won" before the family court. By going to court both parents can only lose.

Good Luck!
Tayken
Very True. Always best to settle where you can even if it means giving up on principle. Sometimes the person who"wins" is the one that has the intelligence to settle outside of court. This is why Offers to Settle are very important. I think it is very telling that in the last 6 years of family litigation I have sent over a dozen offers to settle on each matter but never received a single one from my ex.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:03 PM

Canadaguy is on a distinguished road

Doing the work yourself saves tons of money on lawyers. Use the internet, sites like this, libraries and other resources to compile your information. Then consult a lawyer when you need to clarify the law and what is legal, etc.

Also, mediation is good but arbitration is better (IMO). Why spend all kinds of time and money in mediation if you both can't agree because both or one party doesn't negotiate. Rather, mediate, solve the easy things then the big ones let the arbitrate do it, same as a judge but far less cost.
Closed Thread