No announcement yet.

Common As Dirt - Another Case Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just do your homework, be diligent and treat it more seriously than your job. You can do it, I encourage everybody to self rep

Comment

• Originally posted by Links17 View Post
      Just do your homework, be diligent and treat it more seriously than your job. You can do it, I encourage everybody to self rep
      I'll see how it goes. I suppose the worst case scenario is that I lose time and eventually hire another attorney. I'll update the thread again soon with my progress.

Comment

• So I've drafted an offer to settle per Tayken's advice in hopes of getting the access rolling with the exchange centre. The more I look into the examples I'm seeing, it seems that these are normally served right before a motion, or for final settlement.

Since I am awaiting an OCL disclosure I'm not sure if this is the appropriate way to try getting the interim order updated. Is it ok to just make an offer to settle and only specify changes to the interim order, or should I be doing something different? My first week trying to self rep is nerve racking. I'm afraid I'm going to make some critical mistake.

Comment

• You should avoid supervised access, if you're using this centre just for transfer exchanges that's fine

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by paco View Post
            You should avoid supervised access, if you're using this centre just for transfer exchanges that's fine

I'm just (supposed to be) using the centre for exchanges. The time and location are incorrect on the interim order. I've sent a written request to her lawyer to get the ball rolling on changing it. He has not responded. Per Tayken's advice the next step is to send an offer to settle. She's continuing to use access to the kids as a bargaining chip.

Comment

• Originally posted by ninehundredt View Post
              I'm just (supposed to be) using the centre for exchanges. The time and location are incorrect on the interim order. I've sent a written request to her lawyer to get the ball rolling on changing it. He has not responded. Per Tayken's advice the next step is to send an offer to settle. She's continuing to use access to the kids as a bargaining chip.
              Try to avoid the actual centre for transfers, instead you can exchange the kids using Tim Hortons or McDonald, they're open 24/7 and it's more friendly for kids. You have to be very clear with your ex that you're using a 3rd party just for transfer exchanges only, even if these exchanges are supervised. Let's say the exchange is Friday at 6pm, so she brings the kids at 6pm and you'll pick them up at 6.15pm and you leave right away, she'll continue to stay until 6.30pm. Sunday you bring back the kids at 6pm and she pick them up at 6.15pm, you'll wait until 6.30pm. You need to ensure that both of you are treated equaly when comes to transfer exchanges and the waiting time for both of you. Good luck.

Comment

...and one more thing, split the cost with your ex, in this way she's accountable as well and in a near future you may find a different way to transfer your kids, you don't want to pay for this indefinitely, it's an expensive service though. In my case I had no choice but to pay for this, next year we review access, transfers and vacation period.

Comment

...and one more thing, split the cost with your ex, in this way she's accountable as well and in a near future you may find a different way to transfer your kids, you don't want to pay for this indefinitely, it's an expensive service though. In my case I had no choice but to pay for this, next year we review access, transfers and vacation period.

She is insisting on supervised exchanges, but is ignoring my requests to modify the order to get the centre exchanges going. It's mind numbing. I know where you're coming from. The fees for the service will be split between us if this ever gets resolved.

Comment

She is insisting on supervised exchanges, but is ignoring my requests to modify the order to get the centre exchanges going. It's mind numbing. I know where you're coming from. The fees for the service will be split between us if this ever gets resolved.
                    If you're using transfer centres you have to be carefully that both of you are treated equal in regards to time waiting, what happened to me I was fooled and I accepted to transfer the kids at a supervised centre. In fact I was the only one waiting like an i..ot with my kids inside while she just dropped or picked them up without waiting. I was actualy supervised that time (15min) from the time they were dropped off untill the time I left with them. After first exchange I realised what mistake I was going to make so I canceled the agreement right away. My daughter even asked me why those people take notes and watching us all the time, at that moment I realised it was totally wrong as I never needed to be supervised.
                    So my advise to you is be carefully what you sign and never accept Supervision with your kids.
                    Supervised transfer exchanges means that a 3rd party takes the kids from mom and bring them to father, and viceversa, as per access schedule, no notes, no questions asked.

Comment

Until you get this transfer exchanges resolved, push to exchange them at a near police station, they're open 24/7 and it's safe for both of you, many people exchange kids there and it's free.

Comment

• This is very good, insightful information Paco.

I am curious. How much does this cost at an access centre?

Comment

• Originally posted by arabian View Post
                          This is very good, insightful information Paco.

I am curious. How much does this cost at an access centre?
                          I don't know how good it is, it's certainly a cruel reality, it's hurting everyone who goes to lawyers and to courts, who are not able to find a middle way peacefully for the sake of the kids.
                          It's $100 +tax per transfer, money that normally should go to child's RESP or to take them to Disneyland in vacation. Some centres may charge different amounts.

Comment

Same ol' delay tactics. Man is it ever exhausting to even read (having been through it).

My ex's LAO lawyer tried the same with the access ctr. I applied for exchanges only and ex apparently applied for the actual visits. I get an e-ail a month later saying "LF32 .. my client has applied to the access ctr and they seem to be still awaiting your application .. I urge you to apply soon as the waiting list is very long". Of course I replied that I 'DID NOT NEED any kind of supervision as all allegations were false (as she even now admits) .. but got no response.

Patience big guy. It's all a game to Mrs greedy, child-abusing gatekeeper and her scummy money hungry lawyer. Delay Delay Delay for status quo is the name of their game.

Good thing you're documenting everything..all delays, all denials etc. Judge will love that when you get in court. Then the judge will scrap the access ctr like mine did, saying that it's very artificial, has too long of a waiting list and .. with no evidence to justify it. A Timmy Horton's will do and bring 3rd parties and cameras if you so choose.

You need a judge to stop her quest for manufactured status quo. Believe me .. a judge WILL put the child abusing gatekeeper in her place. (Yes I call denial of access to a loving parent child abuse ... because it is in my books!). These are children .. not ammunition for personal revenge and emotional turbulence.

When you get tired, impatient or feel like quitting just think about your child's smile .. about how they use to run in to your arms saying they love you .. about how you will FIGHT your ass off for them .. because they need you to. Put a stop to this disgusting gatekeeper .. please.

Comment

• Originally posted by LovingFather32 View Post
                              Same ol' delay tactics. Man is it ever exhausting to even read (having been through it).

My ex's LAO lawyer tried the same with the access ctr. I applied for exchanges only and ex apparently applied for the actual visits. I get an e-ail a month later saying "LF32 .. my client has applied to the access ctr and they seem to be still awaiting your application .. I urge you to apply soon as the waiting list is very long". Of course I replied that I 'DID NOT NEED any kind of supervision as all allegations were false (as she even now admits) .. but got no response.

Patience big guy. It's all a game to Mrs greedy, child-abusing gatekeeper and her scummy money hungry lawyer. Delay Delay Delay for status quo is the name of their game.

Good thing you're documenting everything..all delays, all denials etc. Judge will love that when you get in court. Then the judge will scrap the access ctr like mine did, saying that it's very artificial, has too long of a waiting list and .. with no evidence to justify it. A Timmy Horton's will do and bring 3rd parties and cameras if you so choose.

You need a judge to stop her quest for manufactured status quo. Believe me .. a judge WILL put the child abusing gatekeeper in her place. (Yes I call denial of access to a loving parent child abuse ... because it is in my books!). These are children .. not ammunition for personal revenge and emotional turbulence.

When you get tired, impatient or feel like quitting just think about your child's smile .. about how they use to run in to your arms saying they love you .. about how you will FIGHT your ass off for them .. because they need you to. Put a stop to this disgusting gatekeeper .. please.
                              They all play the same game, it was burning my heart in me as I didn't see my kids for two months before I made the mistake and fall into their trap with supervised access exchange centre, big mistake, I should wait until next court session...rushing is no good.

Comment

They all play the same game, it was burning my heart in me as I didn't see my kids for two months before I made the mistake and fall into their trap with supervised access exchange centre, big mistake, I should wait until next court session...rushing is no good.

Indeed. I also went without seeing my D4 for about that time. No parent on this forum will understand what that feels like if it hasn't happened to them (although I'm sure they can imagine). Go to work a happy, loving father .. kiss family and give big bear hugs goodbye. Come home .. family vanished. What hurt me the most was knowing how much D4 was probably hurting by not being able to see me.

Paco's right. Play it slow, steady and use your head. Your ex will only have a case if you give her one. Every syllable must be reasonable and resolution-oriented. If you listen closely you can hear the shovel digging. What they seek is impulsive decisions//behaviors that can be put in ink. Trust me, they'll throw you enough lours .. swim right on past and send out another Offer To Settle/ideas for resolution. Let her fill her affidavits with garbage .. disregard them and focus on primary parent/Best Interests stuff in yours.

It's one hell of a roller coaster ride. We've been through it .. we'll help you get through it.

LF32

Comment

Our Divorce Forums
                                Forums dedicated to helping people all across Canada get through the separation and divorce process, with discussions about legal issues, parenting issues, financial issues and more.
                                Working...
                                X